Tharsis

Well, any game worthy of this week’s podcast is worthy of it’s own thread. Two games in, I’ve yet to make it past Week 7.

While it’s very luck-based, you never have enough dice to do everything you want (dice are not only used for repairing your ship, but also for research, as well as activating abilities of ship modules and crew members).

Like every other dice or RNG based games, expect to read a lot of stuff about the dice being loaded. Stuff and nonsense. It’s also frustratingly difficult, but in a good way. Also it plays quickly (it only takes about an hour to make it to the end - if you beat it).

Highly recommended.

Yeah im picking this up, looks like fun

I watched Chu8 playing this (since he was so tired of HotS). He won first game. Then he played on Hard and won 2nd game with #2 on the leaderboards.

I mean it felt really close and rough, but he basically won the game without really trying and without any crazy amount of luck. Still looks pretty neat as far as a solo boardgamey/dice-chucking thing.

This Tharsis? :)

OK. I was away for work last week so didn’t follow the forum very closely, and thought it too new to have it’s own thread. You got me,

Is anyone playing this on the PS4?

Also in my defense, I asked about it in the space game thread, and nobody said there was a thread going. So there!

Have I spoken recently about my roiling dislike of Pandas?

-Todd

I think that is a human child, not a panda. But I could be wrong.

I’m not sure I ever heard a sentence like that before.

Time to check this thread, then. http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?77719-it-won-t-be-the-last-of-many

That was weird :-)

Released just over a year ago, Tharsis accrued over 1,000 Steam reviews that average an inauspicious “Mixed.” It’s frequently accused of being brutally difficult due to capricious randomness – usually by players who didn’t bother to learn the incredibly straightforward rules. Spend more than 10 minutes with Tharsis and you’ll find an elegant, compelling solitaire card-and-dice game that rewards thoughtfulness and punishes carelessness. And you’ll win or lose in an hour, ready to play again. In short, Tharsis is perfect. Watch me win or lose – and explain exactly why – on my stream tonight, starting at 9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific.

happening now!