That Internet dating thing

He did take an unanticipated, extended leave of absence from here, didn’t he?

Grats, dude. That’s awesome. Both that you found yourself and a great gal to share yourself with.

Well done sir!

While the divorce was about as drama free as those things can be, it was still a long painful process. I started dating ladyparts in June/July of 2011. I’d consider anything pre-spring 2011 to be unhappy married time. Fair warning, my posting history isn’t always pretty.

Having played Madden against you during that timeframe, I can attest to the cranky bitterness. I just chalked it up to you playing the Raiders.

I just revived my OKCupid account, where I met my recent ex-partner who broke up with me a couple of weeks ago on our one year anniversary, and broke my heart. We’re getting along and handling it like adults, though. We might remain sometimes-lovers for a while, and we might get back together in the future, but for now I’m just going to focus on moving on and healing. I don’t intend to stay single long this time but I won’t be looking for a real relationship any time soon, just casual stuff.

So I’m officially back on the market starting next Friday when I move into my new place with my daughter. Finished updating my OKC profile and many of the questions to reflect my current stance on stuff and updated outlook in life. Feels good.

Letting your ex come by for a booty call when he wants to is the opposite of moving on and I’m not sure how much healing can happen when you’re openly holding out hope you guys are going to get back together. Plus, he broke up with you on your anniversary? Sounds like a total dick.

Why are you assuming the person was male? I can’t tell anything from Barstein’s post (about gender, I mean).

The Book Thread identifies barstein’s “sweetie” to be a “she.”

Probably the use of “ex-partner” and “sometimes-lover,” which are terms more frequently used to describe same-sex relationships nowadays than straight ones. I initially thought the same thing, but then “daughter” clued me in that Barstein had likely (but not definitely) had some involvement with the ladies at some point in his life.

Well, due to ambiguity of sex and preferences of people posting, I think he was using those terms just for thread etiquette.

Booty calls aren’t inherently bad as long as your emotional connection doesn’t re-strengthen. If you cannot be content to have sex without dealing with those feelings, you shouldn’t have post-breakup booty calls.

The use of partner does have that feeling sometimes. But it could also mean “not your business”. Not a dig, just a thought.

Ha ha. I laughed! Where’s the +1 / vote up / Like button?

Get back to the Resistance thread! ;-)

NO YOU!

Having had less than awesome luck dating in the Resistance thread (did you know 40% of the fish in that sea are Spies?!), I come here, seeking solace and affection, just like everyone else…

{{{{{{hugs Fire}}}}}

You guys are killing me. :) I got into the habit of using the word “partner” because I’ve spent a fair amount of time around LGBT folks and after a while, the language just started to stick. For the record I’m a hetero male and my ex-partner is a bi female. :)

Booty calls aren’t inherently bad as long as your emotional connection doesn’t re-strengthen. If you cannot be content to have sex without dealing with those feelings, you shouldn’t have post-breakup booty calls.

This is pretty much where I’m coming from. Of course there are risks to everyone involved, but I’m facing them like a big boy. The next month or two will be just for focusing on healing and exploring and if I notice that interactions with her are holding me and/or us back in some way, I’ll friend zone her. At some point, I’ll begin to shift or refine my focus and plans as I start looking for a committed relationship again, and whether or not my life will include my ex at that point will depend largely, as far as I’m concerned, on how much she and her attitudes have changed and how good she really is for me.

Is it wrong to ask if a woman Sells Sanctuary? Cause when push comes to shove that’s what I really want.

If a woman what now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgPvRSAdK6o&feature=related

-xtien