That Itch.io Bundle

I couldn’t get it to work either. I ended up getting it from the “canonical source” (not exactly sure what that means but it was listed on their github page) at https://broth.itch.ovh/itch.

That version seems to work fine but I guess since it’s not installed via the installer, when I tried to use Playnite to import the games it said I didn’t have the client installed. In any case, that version does work if you want to give it a go.

I just bought it all no probs. All through website fyi I dont use the client.

I wouldn’t recommend the client. The website is great! The client is fine, but I feel like the website is better.

If you missed it in some giveaway sometime, Celeste is in the bundle now and it’s pretty great.

Welp, I’ve finally gone and octupled my backlog. They could delete 1450 of the games in the bundle and I would never, ever notice the difference.

I wonder if I’ll actually play any of these.

I got it to work finally. I bought the bundle through the website, but I’m trying to download games through the app.

Overland is the first one in the bundle, so I added it to a new collection I created called “recommended games”. But then I click on the game in the collection and all it does is take me to the store page where I can buy the game. So how do I actually download it without buying it, since I apparently own it through the bundle? Do I have to do it through the website? Can’t do it through the client?

You have to click “download” next to its entry on the bundle page, which will also add it to your library where you can download it from in the future.

There is no download button on the bundle page.

Yeah, this is the real headscratcher in their system. I think the reliable way to get this to work is to find the email you got when you made the purchase. It should have a button that says “Access your bundle.” That will take you to a webpage that looks a lot like the bundle page off the main itch page, but is linked to your account. There, each game should have a Download button. Clicking the Download button (counterintuitively) is the thing that finally activates the purchase. You don’t need to actually download anything. When you go back to the game’s store page in the app, you should now see an Install button instead of a Buy button.

Alternatively, in the app, you can do this:

1. Click the arrow next to your profile name.
  2. Select My Library
  3. On the left side of the screen, select My Purchases
  4. At the top of the screen, select Bundles
  5. Select the bundle name

I can personally recommend Golf Peaks, which is an excellent puzzle game:

Hah, a game bundle like this reminds me of the good old days on C64, where you borrowed or copied three tapes from someone, and it had like 500 games on them. You just had to find them on your taperecorder :-D

Sin Vega at RPS is suggesting that Odd Realm is worthy of your valuable time

It looks similar on the desktop site. You don’t need to go to the email. You can get here a few ways, but maybe the most direct is to go to the itch main page, click on the bundle there and then the big download button that’s at the top of the bundle page:

Heh. I suspect that I will need to go to the email tonight when I get home from work, and follow Nightgaunt’s instructions. In the spot where it shows Download on your image, it shows “Buy”. And it definitely does not say “You already bought this bundle” on the bundle page either.

You’re signed in? Is it possible to buy the bundle without having an itch account? I’ve had one for a while but I know you can do that with Humble. If you’re not signed in to your itch account then yes probably none of the above will appear.

I created an account and signed in, yes. And was signed in when I looked at it in the bundle.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It appears there are now three more pages of games, but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna go through the whole thing again to see what they added.

This is an amazing, unprecedented bundle. It is also a perfect example of Sturgeon’s Law. I would drive myself to distraction trying to find the wheat in the chaff here, no I’ll pass.

They added Hidden Folks, which I can’t recommend highly enough. It’s basically an animated where’s Waldo with far more interaction and variety.