THE 2007 OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL QUARTER TO THREE Game of the Year AWARDS - THE WINNERS!

I didn’t find Crackdown a particularly amazing game, revolutionary, or whatever, but when I played it I just had such a fucking great fun time (a mixture of solo but mostly co-op with a friend).

If I wasn’t such a Ratchet fanboy and if I hadn’t loved Uncharted as much as a did, Crackdown would have moved from 3rd to 1st.

Well your vote essentially did exactly that.
That’s one of the cool things about instant run-off voting. Since you’re first two choices fell out of the running in earlier rounds, your third choice moves into first place.

Uncharted actually ran pretty well. It survived at least into the third round.
Halo 3 didn’t get much love at all.

The game ran pretty well on my comp using 1.05. I had a few crashes and some slowdown but never lost any real progress.

Yeah, I haven’t run into any bugs or flaws myself, unless you mean the unfortunate design decision to force endless respawns in endless areas. Still, not bugs :)

I’m pleasantly surprised at this little game from Ukraine going head to head with BC. That’s pretty darn cool.*

*Yes, it’s just here, but the people here are pretty darn cool too, so … there you are.

I knew Portal would win. Also: Lots of retards on Qt3. They even said so themselves!

So, has thekevin left yet? Not that I want to see him go, but I’d like to see one of these internet ultimatums actually brought to fruition. :)

Yes, this calls for an application of the Toxx clause.

Not everyone will agree with the consensus.

None of the games I chose made top 3, so I guess it doesn’t really matter, does it?

…but what about the console version?
And Mass Effect tied for third? All the interface and elevator complaints for nought.
And Rock Band gets second place? Shouldn’t you people have gotten real instruments by now?

Thanks for putting all this effort in.

Any way of showing all titles voted for in order? So I can feel my fave game at least made 9th?

He did instant runoff voting, so I think determining the top 9 games will have a different result than the top 3. (EG the top 3 of the top 9 may be different than the top 3 of the top 3.)

Even better!

I hope Tom let some Gamecock shills in, so that they can interrupt Ken’s acceptance post.

-Julian

Right. The only useful info is what the different votes were on different rounds.

I was thinking of running a “weighted average” count just for giggles. Basically I’d weight everything by the vote number (1,2, or 3) tally them up and then order the list by what got the highest numbers. That would then be the unofficial unofficial QT3 GOTY list.

Both FPS’s. Interesting.

Portal isn’t a first-person shooter.

Yes it is.

Just because it’s first-person doesn’t make it a shooter. It’s a puzzle game in the first-person.

If we’re going to break it down, I would say Portal is a puzzle platformer with an FPS interface.

Well, you do shoot a gun. It just doesn’t use bullets.

Anyway, great list. I still haven’t played STALKER. Have the bugs been squashed, largely? It sure dropped in price quickly.