The 2018 Midterms Game Day Thread of Angst, Worry, (and maybe some hope?)

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted.

Guess it’s only MS that I’d never set foot in for any reason.

The Delta Blues Museum in Clarksdale, MS is worth the visit.

Kansas and Nebraska are nothing more than inconvenient obstacles between places worth visiting for me. I mean Mississippi and Alabama rank worse for me, but it’s like saying I like getting stabbed in the eye less than I would like getting shot in the foot.

So does Florida. I got to tour the Vehicle Assembly Building right before they stopped tours. It was amazing.

It’s fracking huge!

And, my god, those crawlers that transported the shuttle?! It is hard to appreciate the scale of those too.

Yeah. It has its own weather!

I have never done the south, the culture never seemed that attractive to me there and the wildlife never helped. Plus, well, humidity sucks.

I don’t disagree with a word you said. I genuinely hate visiting Florida. Too damn hot and humid. Give me blizzards any day over Orlando in August.

But it’s a dry humidity.

In our favor, we do have the most reliably not-shitty biscuits thanks to easy access to White Lily flour. As time marches on, that increasingly strikes me as the only unique positive of the entire region.

and the waffle houses I suppose. :)

Despite repeatedly subjecting my intestinal tract to their peculiar oeuvre, I’m not sure I would ever describe Waffle House as a positive.

@ArmandoPenblade, you are obviously the gastronomic expert I have been seeking. Which is worse: eating at Waffle House, or eating one (two) McGriddle(s)?

Of course, there’s another good reason not to go to a Waffle House:

The latter, solely because McDonald’s biscuits are 4,000 times superior to the shit sandwich that is a McGriddle, and McDonald’s aren’t even in the top ten best chain restaurants for their biscuits.

If you live in a part of the country where you can only get McGriddles on All-Day Breakfast at McD’s, I would almost say I pity you, until I remember that literally every single other facet of your life is better than anyone living in the south.

I recommend the Civil Rights Museum in Birmingham. I’ve been there twice, and I was deeply affected each time.

Der Waffle Haus!

Man, I loved the first season of that show.

Alton had a great show about southern vs. northern biscuits. Southern is, of course, superior.

Is that Dead Like Me?

Yup. Mandy Patinkin hands out post-it notes of death.