The 2018 Midterms Game Day Thread of Angst, Worry, (and maybe some hope?)

He gives me the creeps. He’s like our own little Ted Cruz, except he never wins. You’d think he’d figure out nobody wants what he’s selling.

Doing that tends to show up in your opponents’ campaign ads. And in a lawsuit that would result, lots of the judiciary is going to go with the “will of the voter” thing.

That reminds me, Danny Tarkanian lost - again, this time to Susie Lee for NV-03. He’s now 0-7 in statewide elections, firmly cementing his place as the Buffalo Bills of Nevada politics.

The Florida and Michigan initiatives regarding voting rights are constitutional amendments, so they cannot be overturned by legislation.

So I stumbled into a retweet of the Rubio thread without context and for a second I thought… Rubio cares about the missing votes and irregularities? Rubio is being critical of the Florida Governor? Maybe I need to rethink everything I believed about him.

But then you keep reading the thread and it’s all a leadup to DEMOCRATS ARE STEALING THE ELECTION

Which tells me, they’re worried that Nelson is gonna win this thing.

Yes - Trumper on another site I visit just shared this, which I’m sure will be making the rounds

True but as you pointed out:

So it’s entirely possible. Because fucking Florida.

It probably wont be, but… fucking Florida, if any place can fuck up an election, it’s Florida. They’ve had some big issue every election since Bush/Gore.

Yeah, after hearing the latest weirdness I’m thinking a recount is definitely needed and that making up .2% of the vote is not completely unthinkable. What a shitshow that state is, each and every election.

…and day of the week.

I mean, it’s Florida. Are we certain those aren’t just body parts in those bags?

I have confidence that the recount will be handled in an efficient and accurate manner and we will soon be preparing to welcome our new senator from Florida, an alligator high on bath salts.

(Elias’s answer to Silver.)

Someone who knows more about elections than me told me that Elias doesn’t take “windmill tilt” cases. If he looks at things and thinks his client can’t win, he’ll tell his client “The votes aren’t there. Sorry.”

Elias seems to like Nelson’s chances.

Fascinating. There are a LOT of precincts.

I bet he’s not going to be like “Yes, I welcome the recount. That seems really fair to do.”

Sinema won this batch of 127k ballots in Maricopa by 15%.

Democrats should agree with Republicans that the vote counting should stop now!

Scott’s lead in FL down to 15,000 now.