The 2018 Midterms Game Day Thread of Angst, Worry, (and maybe some hope?)

We shall see.

Or what he has already said. Nelson is trying to steal the election. By… uh… waiting for a recount?

I didn’t expect those Arizona numbers. Election day voting was near 50/50 there.

Thing is, it’s a legally mandated recount – by hand – now. Not sure Nelson could stop it if he wanted to. Maybe there’s a lever in that law for a contender conceding. Dunno.

As Chris Hayes just posted, Jon Tester is one helluva politician.

Could he? I honestly don’t know why he would.

He’s hired the recount guru lawyer. Full speed ahead.

But the recount is now required by Florida law. .5% = machine recount .2% = hand recount.

I rather like that he hired that particular guy. And that that particular guy took the case. But I’m not holding my breath either. At this point I’ll take making Scott sweat.

McAdams lead in the UT-04 grows to 6,700 with today’s added absentee count.

They may call soon.

And honestly, good on folks from Montana. I’m glad they can vote for a candidate individually and not just go down the party line.

Yep, great point.

Losing Nelson as a Senator is a big deal for all of the USA.

If you get bored, look at the Texas congressional map. Two big pickups there, but…you’re also going to see some SUPER vulnerable CDs possibly by 2020. (I can promise you the DCCC and Dem-leaning PACs have noticed.)

That is probably an improvement over the current candidates.

L.O.L.

Also a name to remember, perhaps: Abigail Spanberger. She may jump into the VA-GOV race in 2021, and then…who knows?

She’s just impressive as hell.

Geez, trigger, why don’t you marry her?!

Well, he’s half-liked (I voted for him). He’s been in the Senate since 2006, which is remarkable for a Democrat in this state. He carries just enough popularity with the rural crowds to eek out these re-elections