The 2018 Midterms Game Day Thread of Angst, Worry, (and maybe some hope?)

Too close to call. But she may.

Truly a man who knows ‘big corruption scandals’.

This is fine. If Trump acts this way now, what’s gonna happen if he loses in 2020? Ugh.

Heh, it’s cute that you think Soviets like Putin would reward someone after the fact for being loyal to them.

Once you are done being useful, you’re lucky if the GRU doesn’t just have you offed.

True, but it’s his best case scenario.

Vote hasn’t moved from earlier tonight: The 2018 Midterms Game Day Thread of Angst, Worry, (and maybe some hope?)

Going to be a crazy finish. Excited to see it. How long will the rest of the counting take?

Can’t wait to see what Trump tweets if this does happen. He’ll flip out about vote fraud and stuff like that.

FL feels like a longshot. AZ seems very possible.

It’s so tiresome and he’s been at it for years now. Maybe we’ll see some kind of President Who Cried Wolf effect.

Nate Silver dunks on Bret Stephens dumb hot take. (like there’s any other kind of Bret Stephens take, I know…)

Record number of women elected to the Maine Legislature. (Yes ours is a very white state)

Thank you for posting that. Ordinarily I would think that such a photo spread would be headlined something like, “IBM celebrates secretary day”, but nope, it’s LAW MAKERS. So cool.

Scary here in NY-22, where Claudia Tenney - R is behind Anthony Brindisi - D by a couple thousand, but we still have about five times that many ballots still to count, mainly from overseas military dudes, so I hear. Could be an un-FLIP.

Anyone looking for a summary of where we’re at with the remaining races: