The 2018 Midterms Game Day Thread of Angst, Worry, (and maybe some hope?)

Aak, I thought my pupils were gonna close up permanently for a second there. ;-)

I read somewhere that this year’s election lowered the average age in Congress by a decade.

That’s good.

It also lowered my blood pressure!

New vote totals in the NJ-03, where Andrew Kim expanded his lead by about 500 votes to 3,500. That one may be heading to a flip on MacArthur’s seat from Red to Blue.

Mia Love (R-inc) closed a bit on Ben McAdams in the UT-04. McAdams still leads there by 5,500 votes.

Senate: more votes counted in Arizona, Sinema still up by 9,000.

More votes counted in FL, Nelson almost within 15,000 now, but not sure how much is left.

What’s the justification behind the potential argument that Maine’s instant runoff voting is unconstitutional? Any legitimacy there, or a pure hail Mary?

Such a scam! When you count all the votes, Democrats keep pulling ahead! Damn voter suppression isn’t working well enough these days.

Yes, the two “independent” candidates are progressive and their supporters will likely support Golden over Poliquin as the instant run off is tallied next week.

Poliquin is reiterating his threat to sue in federal court if he loses.

Why, pray tell, should Cruz have won by 70% mr anonymous GOP spox? The only reason he won is because party retrenchment. People who voted policy over party didn’t vote Cruz.

I could be wrong, but I think the reasoning is that if a Democrat is elected, the election must be invalid. Kind of the same with how in Florida, the Governor thinks they should just count the votes from the reliably Republican areas of the state, then stop counting. Otherwise the Democrats have stolen the election.

This was litigated before the Maine Supreme Judicial Court. Following an advisory opinion from the Maine Supreme Judicial Court in the spring, state elections were removed from the system because the Maine Constitution requires candidates for state offices to be selected by a plurality, but federal elections and primaries continue to use ranked-choice voting.

I don’t know if Poliquin has a leg to stand on by challenging use of rank choice voting in federal races, but we will find out soon.

They don’t really mean change though. The GOP does this every couple of years. They just say something like it’s not our policies or positions that are bad but our messaging. We just need to change the words and peddle the same stuff… It’s not actual change. I’ll believe the GOP can change when I see it.

Pretty sure that guy doesn’t mean “become more moderate” when he suggests change. I think all the change people are calling for in the Republican party is to become more like Trump, not less.

As a strong proponent of ranked voting as the minimum nessecary reform to our electoral system, I gotta say: fuck off Poliquin

Partisans split pretty strongly in that race: 91% of self-identified Republicans voted for Cruz according to CNN exit polls. But you’re right, almost no-one who voted for Cruz voted for Valdez, for instance, but 10% of Beto’s voters voted for Abbott.

So, GOP protests in Broward County now. I’d say I’d was another Brooks Brothers riot, but from these pictures it’s more of a TJ Maxx riot.

Possibly putting the public in danger, to own the libs.

Judge loses reelection, so he sets all the defendants free

What a petty, bitter person.