The 2018 Midterms Game Day Thread of Angst, Worry, (and maybe some hope?)

It’s less petty and bitter, and more “the gold mine has run out”.

Last week, the Tribune wrote about Devlin and his two fellow family judges who preside over virtually all juvenile cases in Harris County. The investigation found that the judges have assigned an extraordinary number of juvenile cases to a small handful of private lawyers — often the same lawyers who give the judges big campaign contributions. Some of those attorneys took on 300-plus court appointments in a year and earned more than a half million dollars from juvenile and family cases. Meanwhile, the county’s taxpayer-funded public defender’s office says it hasn’t received enough juvenile cases from those same judges to keep its lawyers busy.

All three family judges lost their races Tuesday during a Democratic sweep of judicial offices in Harris County.

New conventional wisdom: Democrats won a lot of their coinflip races, and Republicans didn’t.

This is the reason why Lady Justice is traditionally depicted with a sword in one hand and the other greased palm outwards. cries

Is that a Conservative Mob? Dare we call it a Conservative Caravan?

This is probably (maybe) good news for Sinema.

I’ll share that sentiment with him ;-)

Seriously, I see him all the time at the airport as we fly back and forth from DC. He never has an entourage, doesn’t mingle with his constituents, and if a constituent approaches him with anything like a difficult question, Bruce cuts and runs for the head. Strange behavior for a public servant.

That’s just the price we have to pay to control the rampant voter fraud that is occurring in this country.

Ha ha – Rick Scott exposed for what he really is.

I don’t actually think Patrick Murphy is still a sitting member of Congress.

Trump wants AZ to vote again.

Dems in dissaray already, apparently.

“If we’re going to start out with impeachment and this and this, I mean, the American public is going to say, ‘what did we put in charge?’” said Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas), a moderate who has been in office since 2005, even as many other moderate Democrats lost their races.

What we need.

Yeah, impeachment is a stupid plan, unless they literally find a dead hooker in Trump’s bed with his DNA on her, thus making it possible to move some Senate GOP votes.
Much better to investigate the shit out of him and his cabinet members, subpoena the tax returns, yadda yadda yadda.

You know what else is a stupid plan, getting a bunch of new representative in the House demanding to call the shots before they get their feet wet. Maybe they should get the lay of the land and then proceed with their agendas.

I don’t know if it’s the new reps in congress or the new committee chairmen.

It could be both but it’s definitely reps. They’re pushing against the old guard before they even have a seat, some of it having to do with campaign promises and Pelosi.

It just seems like everyone should take a seat at the table and talk before turning around and taking their toys home.