The 2018 Midterms Game Day Thread of Angst, Worry, (and maybe some hope?)

Sinema’s lead has now ballooned to 20,000 in Arizona.

Henry Cuellar did fundraising for Republican candidate John Carter, who used that money to narrowly defeat MJ Hegar in his district.

You’ll forgive me for not giving a tinker’s dam about what Henry Cuellar thinks about jack.

Mimi Walters’ lead is down to 2,000 votes in the CA-45.

Rouda’s lead over Rohrabacher climbs to 8,000

I do worry that the far left is going to act like the tea party, with a bunch of idiots who have no real experience in governing, but think that they are really important, and this above compromise

Harder just jumped out in front of Denham in the CA-10. That’ll be a flip if it holds – and he’s up by 3,000 votes, so he just jumped up 4,500 in today’s count.

At the highest levels of the national party, there’s frustration with McSally — and a sense that she’s not being aggressive enough throughout the process.

While Florida Gov. Rick Scott has lashed out at election officials over the vote counting in his state, McSally has been largely silent. Top officials with the White House and Republican National Committee, who’ve been prodding the McSally campaign to amp up its efforts, have expressed frustration that the Arizona congresswoman hasn’t tried to drive a message that there’s something amiss with the vote count.

On Thursday evening, senior Republicans joined the McSally campaign for a conference call to discuss the state of play. On the call, Justin Clark, the White House director of public liaison, and Mike Roman, a veteran opposition researcher who is working with the RNC, pressed the McSally campaign on what was being done.

RNC Chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel, meanwhile, has spoken with Lines, and has expressed a desire for more aggressiveness.

So far, the congresswoman has not addressed the vote counting directly. On Friday, Kyl released a statement saying “Democrats’ legal strategy sounds an awful lot like an effort to disenfranchise voters” from the state’s rural counties.

This is great news.

I can’t wait until Florida has to do the hand recount after all this drama in Broward County

You can reuse this exact sentence in every election since 2000 at this point.

Why is it always Broward? At this point it’s obvious they can’t handle elections, I’m not sure why we keep letting them try.

No way, you mean Republicans are full of shit?! That’s hard to believe!

The schadenfreude is almost overwhelming here.

That was a day or so ago. Last night when the count put Sinema in the lead, they reversed and sued to ensure all votes would be counted.

That they were ever suing to prevent votes from being counted is ridiculous.

Just thought it was great that they were trying to keep Cindy Fucking McCain’s vote from being counted.
Then again, she’s probably a traitor or something for wanting to live in a democratic nation.

I recognize there isn’t much interest in the Colorado electorate, but if anyone wants to know what is happening out west, here is a thread that breaks down some state house races.

The long and the short of it is that independents in Colorado refuse to vote for Republicans with Trump in office. On top of that, the GOP party is being strangled with an inability to register new voters to the party, where they lag further and further behind Democrats and Unaffiliated registrations. In Colorado at least, the GOP is slowly being put out to pasture.

You don’t need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

See, I’m hugely interested in that, especially with ol Cory Gardner up for reelection in 2020. He’s gonna be the Barbara Comstock of that cycle for the NRSC, isn’t he? They’re just going to dump tens of millions into that race, where the fundamentals are absolutely terrible. IF the Democrats can field a good opponent for him (any ideas?), he’ll get trounced anyway.