The 2018 Midterms Game Day Thread of Angst, Worry, (and maybe some hope?)

Yeah, for those not raised in that environment it is freaking easy to believe. You’re there trying to keep sort of the 50 or so judges on the ballot and remember the 5 that need to be removed (mostly because of BAR recommendations) and the sheet of notes you have for various races makes it difficult. And in the flood of names you forget to check one box?

Totally believable.

I used to live in WA. I know all their tricks and their huskies.

It’s hard to believe even the wait times. My sister said her wait time was five minutes and she had like a fake ballot she filled out ahead of time or something. She’s also in a blue state and a very nice county though, read high property taxes.

Hey California, unlike Oregon and Washington, has same-day voter registration. We also, unlike Oregon but like Washington, allow ballots to be mailed on election day.

I’ve lived in WA and CA. The CA mail in ballots are a bit better, especially since you can also vote in person and register same day. No pre-paid envelopes though.

Dude, Paddington was my first love as a reader. Not dissing the bear.

Just making sure. No one wants the hard stare.

We have pre-paid envelopes now, just started this year.

Weird, we didn’t in Orange County. Or at least, I didn’t. Who’d I piss off?

Dunno, we had 'em in LA for the first time. It was great.

We don’t have prepaid envelopes, but you don’t have to mail them either. You can drop them in a ballot box instead, even on the day of the election, should on the day of the election actually.

Because you live in a state that generally believes in making it better for more people to vote. In Illinois I also didn’t really have issues. Sure there was usually some wait but not that bad. And I know it can be highly local. But broadly speaking liberal states don’t make efforts to make it harder to do your civic duty.

No automatic alt text available.

As it should be. My old friends and neighbors in Orange county deserve to have an actual representative in congress again.

Okay, this verifies what I remember hearing on election night from both CNN and MSNBC. The ballots are approved by the parties involved. They may be bad but people had a chance to change that and didn’t.

Wow, maybe now I won’t hate driving through OC so much. ;)

That is really good.

Abrams is throwing in the towel.

Hey! Don’t leave out Colorado in the voting sanity. Vote by mail, or drop-off ballot in a drop-box, or vote same day.

it is magnificent, and we have one of the highest turnout percentages in the country.

Yeah, apparently there are enough still-uncounted ballots now, and enough from Fresno, that the CA-21 will be very close.