The 2022 20:20 Frame Game

Jason I have not seen that movie but my god those shots are amazing. Great detail, resolution, lighting, scenery, costumes, everything.

This went straight to the top of my watch list. I hope it’s good. That last shot in particular is amazing. So much story in that shot, the things behind him, his choice of dress, the expression, the lighting playing on him versus the shadow, etc.

I loved it. One of my favorite movies of the year.

I think I might have to rewatch it tonight now…

This, however, is not one of my favorite movies. And probably not yours, either. But it’s the one I picked, so, deal with it.

20:20

Narrowed down due to the actor, *****.

Ahhh shit wait, changing my answer. Mr. Destiny?

(Because you can’t ride a bike with a dog.)

Not Mr. Destiny, no.

I’m shooting myself now. My high school best friend looks like this actor so we always watched his movies together.

James Belushi, brother of John. I’ll go with Beethoven? There were also sequels. I’ve got another likely one in my pocket but I’ll save that until the next shot.

Nope, not Beethoven!

Then I suspect certain square-headed costars.

K-9?

(Was that your first guess, Skipper?)

It was. It didn’t have that look though.

Good instincts, because it is not K-9.

I think that must be The Principal…which was partially filmed at my high school, as a matter of fact.

It must be, because it is!

40:40

60:60

80:80

100:100

Bonus frame because I was a minute off when I first tried to grab the 80:80 and this just struck me as extremely funny.

Back to you, @charmtrap !

Same here. Sharply written and performed (would we expect any less from Sam Rockwell?). A real treat.

Ach. I had the wrong dog movie! My next guess was going to be Red Heat.

New 20

Deadstream!

I kind of expected this not to last long…yes it is Deadstream!

I really dug this movie a lot. It’s a straightforward horror-adventure-comedy, but it’s got a lot of the manic energy and DIY inventiveness of one of the Evil Deads or Re-Animators. A little lore that only kind-of hangs together, but thankfully not too much. The scrolling greek chorus of comments are often hilarious as well. Thumbs up.

All you, @anonymgeist.

I should have had this first guess! Nice work, Charmtrap. I have to call my high school buddy now and tell him of my failure.

A funny side note, though he looked like Jim Belushi in high school, he now has completely white hair and beard. A reminder that time doesn’t care about how you look, right?