The 2023 20:20 Frame Game

Game rules:
Posting: On your turn, select a movie and check to see that it hasn’t been done before. Post a frame from the movie when you pause it at the 20:20 mark. Wait for at least 24 hours, but you can shave 4 or so hours off that if you get a few guesses. Then post a frame from 40:40 and wait again. Continue for 60:60, 80:80, 100:100, etc. If nobody can guess your movie, you lose and must post again.

Guessing: Use only what’s in your mind (don’t Google it). You get one guess per frame, and if you want to guess again, you’ll have to wait until the next frame gets posted. If you guess the movie, it’s your turn to post.

Google Doc archive

(Taken from the first post of the 2022 thread by the president of the Kellywand Fan Club)

20:20
Qt3 20-20

That could be Jon Hamm, so then those two are the grafitti-ers he meets in Confess, Fletch.

That is absolutely the brim of his Lakers cap.

You are correct, @charmtrap, it is Confess, Fletch.

40:40
Qt3 40-40

60:60
Qt3 60-60

80:80
Qt3 80-80

Better than I thought it would be.

New 20

Valmont, maybe?

Non, c’est Valmont absolument!

The second English-language adaptation of Les Liaisons Dangereuses in the late 80’s, this one is longer and soapier than the superior Glenn Close/John Malkovich version. Almost but not quite worth it for the fab costumes and Annette Bening in the flower of her young-womanhood, though.

You are confusing bets and marriages, @DrCrypt. One must always honor a bet.

The new 20:20!

Police Academy?

Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Gotta be.

Yeah, they just did this one on Best of the Worst.

It is indeed. Knew it would be a quick one. Here are the rest of the frames:

Over to you, @marquac!

I remember getting my grandparents to rent this for me after I had watched Ninja III The Domination.

I’ll have a new screen up this evening (Central Standard Time).

Sorry for the delay in posting a frame.

Here is your new 20:20

Fiona Shaw and Keira Knightley in Colette.

Also starring future Andor fascist Denise Gough.

That is correct.

40:40

60:60

80:80

100:100

You’re up @Woolen_Horde.

Sorry for the delay

20:20

I’m Not Angry, I’m Just Disappointed?

I believe this is where Chadwick Boseman shuts down all the bridges – “# Bridges”. I am going to guess that it is:

23 Bridges