The 4-player game of Sol: Last Days of a Star is underway!

Yep, looks good.

@Dave_Perkins

@Matt_W you’re up

@Matt_W 🚀

From up above:

I’ll burn the Transcend for this move. 2 divers into the radiative layer and one into the conductive layer, like so.

No gates used.

Me!

PULSE

There are four energy nodes and three foundries:

I gain 4 energy
@newbrof gains 1 energy

I gain 4 divers
@Matt_W and @newbrof can each spend one energy for one diver, and I’ll assume for now that you both will do that

Then I will MOVE:

Two out aft starboard
Four out aft port

@Kolbex 🚀

btw just imagine how many errors my turn would have had in game one — shudder

Convert three of my divers in a line there into a transmit tower in the I believe radiative layer? That deepest one where the two divers are.

There’s another structure there. Can two structures occupy the same location?

Just looked and no, one structure per space, @Kolbex

What?! This is a travesty. Very well, sacrifice two divers to punch a hole into the core.

@Kolbex your picks!

Flare = goodies for peeps, done.

@newbrof 🚀

@Dave_Perkins move my ships like this for 5 MP, 1 energy to black and purple gate

over to @Matt_W

I’ll move 6 MP like so:

(This image does not reflect @newbrof’s move.)

Plans upon plans!

I suppose I’ll take the transcend.

You guys’ map looks like there’s more thought, planning, and strategy going on than there was in the last game, where we just kind of pummeled, flayed, and laid open our star. Seems Kerbol is in good hands.

-Tom

Thanks! I think several of us had no idea what kind of planning would be required in order to be successful at this game, because we hadn’t played anything like it.

Yeah, even just getting a basic intuition for which resources will be scarce at which points in the game is helpful for understanding how to make the board state turn in your favor. Reminds me a bit of Photosynthesis, which is similarly tricky to figure out the timing for, and feels like you’re fighting the game until it kind of falls into place.

I think it’s your turn @Dave_Perkins