The 4400

Of course it was trite and predictable, but it had really good looking women. That’s why I watched, anyway.

Edit: Oh yeah about the 4400. Pretty much garbage, but I got a season pass. Not much on during the summer.

I enjoyed it overall. I like the concept, and find most of the characters really intruiging. However the stories themselves are played out rather clumsily at times. I found last night’s new episode dragged on far too long, and the story resolutions were blindingly obvious from the beginning. I’ll still keep watching though, because I want to see the longer-term stories resolved.

I caught a few eps of this. I think I started watching about halfway into the first season ep and the next couple episodes after that. Absolutely loved it.

I have to agree that, while I knew it had something to do with 4400 alien abductees, that if I’d known they had special powers, I’d have watched it when it was originally on.

Caught the second season opener, though.

anyone else notice river from firefly playing another crazy woman? Wondering now if she has become typecast.

Perhaps the actress is crazy in RL. So it isn’t typecasting…she just can’t help it. Stop being so judgmental!

I just watched the 4400 premiere.

The crazy guy in the background was bugging the hell out of me because his face was familiar and I could not place it. Then he talked and I thought shit, Weyoun!

I liked it a bit, seems to pace itself really well. The revelation was easy to see coming, or at least its format. Once they show the little journal, it’s easy to see that it was going to be huge or would be a major plot item in times to come.

That actor (his name is Jeffrey Combs) was also brilliant in Frighteners. that’s an underrated movie that is still ahead of its time.

If you’re a Jeffrey Combs fan (which I am), the best bit of the episode was how, in his introduction in the ep, he was handing the girl an HP Lovecraft book. Combs made his name starring in HP Lovecraft inspired or adapted films.

Re-Animator, From Beyond, Bride of Re-Animator, Necronomicon, Lurking Fear, etc.

Just watched the new shows: How can the baby Jesus grow fruit on the vine, kill 3 rednecks, and NOT cure Manute Bol’s badly injured ankle? This season doesn’t have the intensity of the first year, at least so far.

They kind of explained that. Baby jesus is protecting herself, fixing the ankle isn’t within that realm, would be my guess.

So I was watching tonight’s episode with my brother, and have to wonder whether Lily and black pilot guy (Charlie? I can’t remember the character’s name at all now) have special powers, or is their specialness just that they have this bizarro baby?

I think they all do. Their powers seem to be stimulated at a specific time, and in a specific way, to have the right effect on the world around them. I am still more interested in what Colliers can do.

OMG He’s dead! Or is he… :P

Collier is my favorite character. Would be sad to see him go.

His body is gone. Very fishy.

Remember, Collier never figured out if he had a special 4400 power. Maybe his is immortality, or something like that, and he literally rose from the dead.

Deus ex machina

Gutsy way to introduce a new character. Reminds me of season five of Buffy, for obvious reasons.

I thought so too. Writers decided he needed a woman, so now he has a reason for having an enormous bond with her.

I like the new USA commercials. Pretty cool. 8)

Awesome episode tonight. Sad that there are only two more until season finale.