The 4400

I wouldn’t call it trash. They at least generally treated their subject honestly and seriously, as opposed to crap like this “Manifest” currently on, which is just angst drama disguised as “Lost.”

It certainly wasn’t high art, but it was watchable SF. It got silly toward the end, but the first couple of seasons I enjoyed.

Not sure why they would reboot it, though, given that it got cancelled due to lousy ratings the first time around.

I watched the first season and a half or so. It was pretty forgettable aside from M. Ali, but I do recall that it suffered from stretch that shit out syndrome, tons of filler episodes with the monster of the week where nothing interesting would happen with the story arc. That stuff is deadly.

For me, that worked because I didn’t really care about the big picture story about who or what took the 4400. I enjoyed the fact that it was a particularly dark take on the super hero origin story. Each week our investigators would find someone else with new powers who got in trouble in some unique way because of their unique powers. So for me, that WAS the show. I suppose if I was sticking around only to find out the origins of the 4400, then it would be frustrating.

I just enjoyed each episode. It wasn’t just M. Ali, the whole cast was good, including the guest stars each week that the story was about.

Well, you clearly liked it much more than me!

I really enjoyed the 4400 but I really hate CW. Hmm…