The 5-player forum game of Sol: Last Days of a Star is underway!

This is you guys:

I’ll always remember you as the burning embers of your civilizations light the way for my people to take to the stars and find a new home! We’ll never forget you! There was baby scissors guy, and green pointy ship guy, and funky purple tentacle ship, and the weird black ship that wouldn’t stop following me. You’ll all live on in our hearts as we…oh, gotta run, we’re having shuffleboard on the promenade. Ta-ta!

-Tom

Huge thanks to @Dave_Perkins for going above and beyond with all the pictures. Man, you really know how to spoil a guy so he’ll never want to use Tabletop Simulator or Vassal or even Boardgame Arena!

And thanks to all of you for playing what I presume was a learning game. It’s a simple economy, but since it’s built from the ground up every game, it’s hard to anticipate until you’ve seen it in action. I definitely had an unfair advantage, so apologies if I came across a showoff. I think I’m constitutionally unable to hold back when I’m playing a game, even when I know I should probably not be such a tryhard. :)

So thanks to all of you, especially if the game wasn’t working for you. You were all great virtual table partners!

-Tom

I forgot the extra 2 momenta from the 2 flares, @tomchick, in case you want to update your diary!

I learned that I should not do anything that I did do. I am ready for another!

I liked my first play and am looking forward to learning how to play well. It seems like a simple game on the surface, but I have no doubt that a game filled with non-new players will be a knife fight. We were just goofing around trying to learn the rules, I think.

I actually love games where the person who has played a few times just destroys me. It seems like a signal that the game has depth and will reward future plays.

And the seven cards really add to the longevity!

Imagine a game with one or more of the red cards. So much elbow throwing!

-Tom

Great game all, and @tomchick you should never hold back! The best way to learn a game is to get my butt whooped. I really enjoyed this one and would happily play it again. Thanks @Dave_Perkins for organizing and posting images. You’re awesome as always! Congrats to the blue dudes of interstellar space! May your journey be long.

Yes, thanks for running it, Dave!

Good game, well played.

Just me and @Matt_W committed so far. Do you need a brick @tomchick ?

I’m out, see y’all later.

Go play Dune Imperium, hater!

I’ll play again but I can’t promise to be any better.

So now your avatar is Isaac Newton, because you love momentum and gravity? Rub it in, Tom!

Assuming this means am I up for another playthrough, I’m afraid I need to take a breather. But I will gladly watch and, if allowed, do some light heckling of whomever plays as the chibi scissors,

I wish I were that clever. It’s only Henry Purcell, the composer of an opera I’ve been listening to.

-Tom

break doesn’t rhyme with chick!

@newbrof would you like to play?

2 posts were split to a new topic: There are at least two people on this forum who are into opera!

I would like to play, I will have a board setup, too. I like the tactile feel of moving silly plastic ships around. I can do a move a day… maybe two, when our time zones overlap…

So if anyone is still interested in this game but found it hard tracking down a copy, the new Kickstarter will be starting up December 6. You can sign up to be notified here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elephantlaboratories/sol-last-days-of-a-star-insert-and-reprint