The A.I. Thread of OMG We're Being Replaced

I still think they are a pretty neat idea. Though I may be amazingly primitive.

Anecdotal story about ChatGPT: a friend of mine said he asked ChatGPT for a solution to a reasonably tricky signal processing issue, and to include the implementation in Python. After a bit it spit out what he considered a good solution, with some decent code. However, he said that he’s asked the same question multiple times since then, and every answer since then has given an incorrect approach/code. And the code is crazy - it generates a main function along with a separate function which solves the issue - but that function contains has only one line, which is a comment that says “to do.” So we were joking that it’s learned to be a real programmer.

In one of these sessions he asked it for references for the signal processing solution, and it spit out a list of refs, but when he tried to examine them, they were all made up. So it’s also become a stellar university thesis writer.

Corridor Digital used AI to turn normal footage into an anime. While the results aren’t 100% yet, it’s pretty obvious that it will get better.

The John Oliver piece is great.

It quickly goes over the point that many made about automation taking jobs.

It isn’t AI is going to replace your job, it is going to augment your job, and create new ones.

I watched this the other day and was going to post it as well.

It’s fascinating, and more so because it still required a ton of skill and knowledge to execute. It was very much not turnkey to get to the result.

If AI Could Kill Volume 3

paywalled

Ah yes, AI but racist.

So, Tayspeaks?

Freedom phone, but for AI.

And misogynistic, and classist as well.
You can’t spell NAZI without AI I guess?

Non-woke Artificial Zealous Intelligence.

I’m sure training an AI to be racist and hateful will end well for all humanity.

You don’t really have to try hard. Just point the AI towards the internet.

Elon going to make something others already made and deemed a failure.

It’s amazing how consistently he does this shit.

All of these stable geniuses are alike.

I forgot about that train wreck. When the AI do end humanity, maybe we will think “yes, we deserved this”.

That’s fabulous and probably a foreshadowing. Where’s it from?

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

Yeah, come to think of it no one let the AI read Ellison.