The Abortion debate

You can’t even boycott Alabama because they make no commercial goods.

Even worse :

To be fair, one involves murder, the other is merely aggressive procreation.

:(

You don’t deserve your blanket, pig.

Stop trying to see me naked.

If you thought they oppose Sharia law because it is based on religious dogma then, yes you were wrong.

Assuming this is a joke…

No, it’s not fair

This checks out. They don’t seem to make anything.

They make something though.

They make most other states feel better about not being Alabama.

I’m sorry to the good people in Alabama, but your state does largely earn this.

Nah, fuck them.

Fuck you, people living in Alabama. Fix yo shit.

The Onion on point.

Well, I’m just shocked that this came from the same state that is repeatedly trying to get a pedophile into the US Senate.

Like God and Jesus would want.

Oh, they make bigots. Damned good at it, too. Occasionally they’ll export a few to Washington just to demonstrate how good they are.

Is there a more divisive social issue today than abortion? Maybe I’m forgetting something just because this is all anyone online is talking about, but I can’t think of anything else where both sides are so entrenched, so convinced of something they believe is so crucially important, and as a “bonus”, each side so convinced of the other side’s hypocrisy.

Actually the better question is why is America basically the only country in the Western World that’s moving backward on the issue of abortion? Why is this an issue that has never been “settled”? How much of the interest in this is driven by politics and/or by religiosity?

And why is there this salivating desire to make abortion punishable as harshly as possible?

Frankly, the answer lies somewhere in the question “Why was Charles Sumner caned by Preston Brooks?”. There is the element of quiet screaming by conservatives going on as loud and filling as silence in an empty cathedral, a rejection of secularization, of science, of rationality, of imagined non-biblical gender roles. And behind that, glazed angry eyes and the raised fist.

Honor, sir. Honor.