The action roguelite thread

So I just finished 2 games with 100% achievements. This is just a quick AAR/review of the sort.

I’m happy I did not play this right after Hades. This game isn’t a 3D action RPG. This game is a 3D beat’m up. I didn’t know if at first. I played it like Hades, Zelda, etc and I died before the end of the first level. Then it clicked. I played it like I would play Final Fight if I wanted to 1CC it.

Treat every hit like a touch of death (or touch of 1/4 of your life gone) because it can be. Never get surrounded. Use the dodge like one would use jump in FF since there’s no I-Frames in WoL’s dodge. Most importantly, the game treats stun like a beat’m up. Basic attacks can stun lock most enemies, Bosses you can stun but you have to understand it’s pattern to do so.

I ended up getting 100% achievements in this game around the 16 hours mark. Which is great because if it weren’t for that I’ll probably still be playing it non-stop.

This game is the opposite of Wizard of Legend. IS looks like a roguelite beat’m up but it’s actually more inline with an action RPG with a different view.

You can’t go toe to toe with enemies pass the first Boss and win. There isn’t really a stun mechanic in the game. you have to weave in and out of combat via the invincible roll. You can have a huge inventory, different skills, powerups, pets, etc.

This is a great game but you will be very angry if you play it like a beat’m up because you will have a hard stop on the third level.

Both have lots to unlock and is made for people who like to experiment with builds and figuring out mechanics.