The action roguelite thread

How close is it to full release?

Nova Drift? Not sure, but you can play for many, many hours doing wildly different builds. It’s awesome

He is slow to update his game, so I’d say at least one year away.

Skul Hero Slayer has a new meaty update, almost a free dlc

Nova Drift is $8.99 right now…bought.

Interesting video. The gameplay reminds me a lot of new DOOM (2016 and Eternal), and yet Roboquest looks so much less interesting. Yes, you’re in an arena battle, but I feel like the art work and setting in Doom adds so much. Plus the enemies in Doom are a lot more active. At least in this video, most of the robot enemies don’t move very much.

That’s the main issue with the game imo, the enemies. They are all generic robots and floating drones, which are super uninteresting to put as the only enemies in a FPS.
They don’t grunt, they don’t bleed, they don’t stumble and fall to the ground, they don’t explode in a shower of gibs, they don’t gesticulate, they move slowly or don’t move at all, most don’t have any interesting pattern.

Astral Ascent is looking better and better

I started Returnal and put a few hours in. It’s extremely slick! Playing on PS5 everything’s fast, smooth, and feels great to control.

Returnal is in fact now available in PC. I’m searching which is the cheapest key store for it…

GG.deals is your friend

I use isthereanydeal.com and was able to get it for £37 so about 25% off. I’ll take that!

I enjoyed Returnal, beating it after around 30 hours. Then it annoyed me by continuing to play coy with its story. Completing it once doesn’t give the full picture. I tried going for a second clear, motivation dropping all the while. I think I’m at the point of researching whatever else they wanted to convey. Hades had a much better feed of character and story, and probably shorter run lengths too.

It’s a shame some guns take so long to unlock. They have unique styles and trade-offs. Given the importance of dodging, the DoT gun is my go-to for most bosses. It can keep working while I try to stay alive.

Regardless of my couple critiques, I still recommend it. I hope it’s a good port for all of you playing on PC.

Releasing on March 22…

Monster Taming roguelite on March 2nd

with an interesting making of

and… another similar game also releasing soonish? monster summoning instead of monster taming, but you know about potato pronunciation…

and still another one for March, this doesn’t look so hot

DRG dev publishes (but does not develop) a… Vampire Survivors clone with the DRG setting?

Hey, that’s a cool idea.

I almost could swear we had a thread for Vampire Survivors clones, but I couldn’t find it.

We don’t. Keep thinking of titles, though. How do you feel about, “Vampire Noob Swarms go to Bullet Heaven”?

I love the idea of DRG Survivors, though. I really like DRG, but never played all that much because I was always solo.