The action roguelite thread

Surprising. It isn’t a three or four weeks delay, but five months.

Have a roguelite where you play as a cute witch in her broom, for only 5€

Nova Drift has a new update and it’s 50% off. Buy it people.

1000% agreed. I don’t get along with asteroids-style controls in general and aiming and bullet hell so I shouldn’t be flying these spaceships, but the upgrade system here is amazing - this is exactly how upgrade trees should work where there are tons of meaningful upgrades that you can mix and match, that combine to completely different builds.

I have a lot of success with missile spam since you can upgrade to have tons of missiles, and tons of targeting, so they can handle themselves. But you can have railguns, grenade launchers, a short range beam thermal lance. You can go for charged blasts, or rapid fire, or burst fire. Or lots of drones and/or a turret. Or ramming. So many completely different directions to take things.

+1

Absurd you can buy a game that good at that price.

Nova Drift is still early access? What’s left on their roadmap at this point?

Some more content, a final boss, a campaign mode, and that’s it.

Thanks! That’s tempting to give a little try now.

I’m not playing it; I’m sampling it.

I was reviewing the new games on Steam. These held my attention:

Trinity Fusion. Metrodvancia + roguelite + self-proclaimed good combat

(they are different trailers, thumbnail can’t be trusted)

Crab Champions. Risk of Rain 2, but with a crab. Of course

Neon Echo. Side scrolling anime thing. I lol’ed with the voice acting

Bio Prototype. I have to try this because it looks a game like Brotato or Nova Drift, a game with emphasis on build variety

Mr. Sun’s Hatbox. It has hats!

OTXO. Clearly if you want Hotline Miami’s action

You could easily play Nova Drift for dozens or even hundreds of hours. There’s a huge amount of build variety.

Bio Prototype is my go to long session VS style game. so deep how you can create your organism. Had a lot of fun with it.

This combines so many of the dumb things I like. Any of you guys try it?

Not me, but in the SA forum they replied with:

I finished Mr. Suns Hatbox after 10 hours. I’d highly recommend the game, it doesn’t overstay its welcome and the gameplay itself is super addicting.
I don’t know how the dev managed to combine Spelunky/Heat Signature with Peace Walker/MGS5 but somehow he did. Its fun to unleash your inner loot goblin by fultoning everything you can see and the absolutely wild physics shenanigans happening with all the weapons/hats/traps is insane. The balance is a bit off (there are a few guns you always want to use and some you never will, same with quirks etc.) but overall I had a great time. Give it a chance! Edit: Also a ton of little charming details in the game, each stage has the alarm sirens in sync with the music if you trigger the alarm.

Be still my beating heart!

That is quite a pitch.

I blame you and the supporting Nova Drift pushers here for my purchase. I have waaaaaay too much backlog to mess with early access stuff. But then I also re-bought Hades (also 50% off) to enjoy on my Steam Deck just now too, so… I think it is a me problem.

Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Nova Drift is pretty cool.

Okay, I concur there’s a lot to like in Nova Drift. I don’t have a good feel for Asteroid controls, which leaves me wanting to play with all of these upgrades and enemies in a twin-stick shooter.

This could have potential.

Nimrods.

Voidigo 1.0 will release on June 8th

Another roguelite FPS, this one a bit weirder than usual…