The All New and Exciting 2014 Game Frame Game!

The PDP-11 was the one that Dungeon (which evolved into the first Zork series) first appeared on, IIRC.

I actually wouldn’t be averse to spinning off a concurrent Old Fogies’ Frame Game, where all the games have to be, say, pre-1990. Just a thought.

That could boost GOG’s revenue. :)

Yeah, that was, as my daughter would say, a total fail. Next time I will dig deeper, and crop better…

This shouldn’t take long:

Journey?

Journey!

LOL man, that’s crazy, I never even played it, it’s just the first game with a dessert that came to mind. I’ll post something shortly.

Dang it, I’d have gotten that!

Here we go - let’s see how long this one takes.

I’m gonna kick myself on this one I think.

Dragon Age Origins?

I got a strong feeling I played this one too. First I was thinking Bioware…

But I’m thinking Sci Fi. I’m going with Starcraft 2

Probably an MMO or something else I played though…

Wow, that’s really familiar. Really, really familiar.

Uh… maybe Starcrawlers? (I’m probably wrong)

Oh man, I don’t know what game that is, but I like the idea of a screenshot of some kind of skill tree.

In fact, it would be totally impractical as a forum game, but it would be fun to see skill trees of all sorts of games normalized into some standard format without any of the other UI to give them away and then try to remember the games just based on skill names and icons.

Thanks Wholly, I actually thought it would slow some folks down… bug CraigM nailed it! It’s StarCraft II - specifically it’s the Heart of the Swarm expansion, but I think he was close enough. Here are the rest of the images, I was actually going with some more “RPG” looking elements (and another skill - though this particular skill would have given it away almost for sure). Here are the rest of the images!

Well, dang. I knew I had played it! I honestly didn’t think I’d get it though. Hold for a new image shortly.

And here it is:

Europa Universalis 4

I would pick that game…

…but not this time.