The All-Positive Star Wars Opinions Thread

It seems he wasn’t exactly… restrained in his pursuit of another appropriated pop hit.

You guys can have your Meco, this is more my speed

Apparently most of the online criticism was trolls and bots. Just like here.

Judge, can we get a ruling on whether that was a positive post. I was thinking that should go in the Last Jedi thread instead. It’s more like a neutral post, but is likely to generate negative responses. :P

Hm, could have used a few smiley faces at least. That should probably go in the episode IX thread where all the angry people can fight about it.

I think it was fake news. Hazy @sillhouette are you in the Ukraine? Are you KGB??

It’s a negative post about negative posts so maybe? You all are as fun as a bunch of walking carpets, comrades.

I dunno a walking carpet sounds like a pretty fun time to me wait a second was princess Leia a giant racist oh god my entire world is turning upside down ahhhhh

Now imagine that gif, but it’s me

That isn’t you?

It’s a gorgeous piece. Really all three movies have some really notable tracks, but that one. I don’t really put much interest in the making of or inspiration stuff, but I am kind of curious what was behind that piece. I agree, the prequels largely matched the magic of the original music.

I know this is technically in the movie sub-forum, but we’re already discussing the animated series and Star Wars music, so I just wanted to get some positive comments in about the wonderful games.

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 - This game is so good. I’m still not sure what magic they pulled off, but the sense of scale in this game is just incredible. My slight fear of heights really balloons in this game.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - It starts off poorly on the starting planet, but gets better and better and better. By the time I infiltrated the Sith Academy, and actually got to know their philosophy, I was fully sold. At the end of the game, for the first time in a game, I was really tempted by the dark side, because I felt that maybe the Dark Side was correct all along. Also, the robot companion is one of the funniest in a game.

Knights of the Old Republic II - Obsidian took a universe about Light and Dark Sides and tried to explore the Gray Side. And they did a wonderful job of it. I heard it had a poor ending, but I never did finish it, so I only had positive impressions of the whole game.

Amen Rey’s theme is every bit as good too.

Honestly John Williams may be, in my opinion, the best movie composer over the longest period of time. So many brilliant entries, and even 40+ years later still manages to write brilliant compositions.

The Jedi Knight games stand out in my memory for being (I think) the only games to give me vertigo. I don’t like heights in real life, but most games don’t trigger me - those did. That one level where you have to infiltrate the spaceship through the fuel lines, and it had an elevator that felt like it went up for miles? I got all fluttery.

I have a friend who is already morning his death. Thinks we will never get anyone like him. I remind here we have several good artists out there, really good actually, right now. Williams is not dead, but I agree, he’s unique, like a lot artists are. Across the Stars is one of my all time favorite pieces to date. It’s just that majestic for me.

And what’s weird about it is there are all kinds of Movie Theme type pieces I enjoy, Jurassic Park, Star Wars and Trek but Across the Stars just kind of sweeps me away from the hey look at my movie mindset to something else entirely. Like I don’t always think Star Wars when I hear it. It’s stars and love and oh yeah that came from Star Wars.

Is the conditioner cheaper in the 5 gallon jugs? Like, there is some sort of cost savings, right?

Legit, tho, I wait till I get the $5 off of two 24 oz conditioner coupons in the mail and then go nuts.

Two of the best games EVER made.

I’ve always harbored the sneaking suspicion that LucasArts killed this series and moved the rights because the games had better stories, plots, dialogue and characters than the prequels did.

I’ll never forgive them for turning the third game into an MMO. I wanted the real ending to those stories, not some ephemeral BS that’s intended for 20-man raids to blitz through on their way to epic lootz.