The Amazon Prime Video thread

Just watched this one, definitely worthy of a spot on the to-watch list.

Agreed! I watched it twice. Based on a fascinating true story with great performances and cheeky humor throughout. Plus it’s only three episodes so not a huge time commitment. Plus-plus it was directed by Stephen Frears!

New series announced, Carnival Row. Definitely pushes my buttons- kind of a Victorian-era urban fantasy thing. Coming this summer.

I don’t think Cara Delevingne can act, but since Bloom can be pretty wooden as well, I guess they might fit together. Setting seems interesting, lets see if the story and setting can overcome the weak casting.

I’ve been watching this ABC Murders (Agatha Christie) thing with John Malkovich. You know … it is quite good… So of it is modern weird typical … but Malkovich and the cinematography are both excellent.

Oh… you don’t… say? Sounds… interestin… g.

Well, perhaps not proper grammar, but I like my ellipses.

So notwithstanding the mocking of my messages here (ellipses) I continue to watch. John Malkovich is an excellent old Poirot. The show itself certainly takes liberties with Agatha Christie’s books …but it is so far very good. Well the Malkovich scenes are.

I …. do …. say.

And … the cinematography… is excellent.

(sometimes I really do wonder)

hqdefault

Oh wait – more on this excellent John Malkovich --hercule

pierot tomorrow night. He is very good,

surprisingly good for an American actor, though he is one that is super great,

Episode 3… Malkovich is stunning, Well let’s see after this episode…

Almost Human, with Karl Urban & Michael Ealy (tho it’s not an A Prime original, it’s great, tho they only made 1 season).
As others have mentioned, The Man in the High Castle is awesome.

Max I have heard that “Man in the high castle” is excellent but I just cannot bear to watch Nazis over America. Wait… what am I saying … why that is almost now…(still that seems too real and too… uncomfortable)

Kristi;
I hear you, on both levels. Tho I’ve been sort of an amateur WWII historian for decades & thus should be used to things, many times during TMITHC I found myself covered in goosebumps & with tears running down my face. There’s an early scene where one of the lead characters greets a neighbor, everybody getting ready for a jolly Nazi holiday version of the 4th of July. Little girls in party dresses, everybody wholesome & smiling…with the new American flag with a swastika instead of stars & everybody happily “Heil Hitlering” all over the place. I nearly threw up. But it’s a well done show, that’s for sure.

I’ve had to avoid watching the news for the last few years for much the same reason.

I’m normally pretty stoic when it comes to films/shows, but the Mourner’s Kaddish really got the waterworks going for me.

Dan;
Oh man, that scene about killed me!
Everybody I’ve recommended that show to has been incredibly impressed, affected…& creeped out. It’s well done.

Edited to Add “The Americans”. Prime video has all 6 season in the U.S.

I’ve always heard good things about the show.
Man, this has really grown to quite the list. One month won’t be enough to watch all this.

And the UK.

Two more trailers got released at Comic-Con for Carnival Row, detailing a bit more of the setting, from each of the main characters’ points of view. Coming in August. I’m interested. Honestly, kind of reminds me of Perdito Street Station a bit…

Unlike real life, there’s good guy nazis on that show. It’s not as dark as Handmaid’s Tale.