The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Interviewer: “Do you stand by that?”
Trump: “I don’t stand by anything”

Truer words never spoken.

-xtien

@realDonaldTrump: FBI Director Comey was the best thing that ever happened to Hillary Clinton in that he gave her a free pass for many bad deeds! The phony…
@realDonaldTrump: …Trump/Russia story was an excuse used by the Democrats as justification for losing the election. Perhaps Trump just ran a great campaign?

He’s so unbelievably bad at presidenting. Even the stuff he should be good at, like bragging.[quote]“This is what winning looks like,” Trump said even as he castigated Democrats for claiming victory in the spending bill talks.

Even so, some Republicans weren’t bothering to sugarcoat the outcome. Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told CNN Tuesday that “Democrats cleaned our clock” on the spending bill. “This is not winning from the Republican point of view,” he added.[/quote]

ART!

Post must be at least 5 characters
Have you tried the [like] button?

Ahhhh, Schubert.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/05/03/colbert-had-a-lot-to-say-about-trump-and-putin-now-hes-silent-amid-firecolbert-backlash/

And here’s the joke that has angered many:

“In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s c— holster.”

Trump supporters immediately took to Twitter, saying Colbert’s jokes are homophobic. A spokeswoman from CBS’s “Late Show” and Colbert’s agent have not responded to requests for comment.

I’m willing to bet every Trump supporter on Twitter who is railing against the “homophobia” also has one or ten tweets in their history about how political correctness is a plague on society.

Hey, it’s not homophobic.

No one’s AFRAID of Donald Trump sucking Putin’s dick. It’s just a thing that is happening on a routine basis.

I’m pretty sure that it is homophobic-adjacent at the very least and was a poor choice of insults. Colbert should just apologize and be done with it.

It was in poor taste (no pun intended) and can easily be construed as homophobic. A sincere apology is probably needed, followed hopefully by an irreverent take on the outrage in true Colbert style.

While I personally think he should apologize and that the particular remark in question was going too far, I do find it absolutely infuriating that for 8 fucking years Conservatives mocked the Obama family at every opportunity, calling the President names and making statements about him and his family as bad or worse than Colbert’s on a regular basis on radio, television, print and internet, and yet nobody important got fired for any of it.

Fucking Conservative hypocrites, who needs a safe space now snowflakes?!

I’d agree. I mean I laughed hard at the joke, though it does probably cross the line a bit. But, fuck it, Trump deserves no less. We don’t even need to go to what the broad conservative media hate machine says, we can find worse about Obama from Trump’s own mouth.

Colbert should apologize for using references to fellatio in a disparaging context, and then do a round-table with some of the queer and gender-studies people who’ve been pushing to reclaim those terms for years. They could accept his apology and he could ask them about the outpouring of support for their long-time cause.

People should accept that Colbert doesn’t mean anything bad against gay people, and relish the fact that such statements enrage Trump.

Saying Trump sucks Putin’s dick is worth anything else, because it pisses Trump off, and Trump is a total bitch.

Oh, fuck’s sake.

I dare ANYONE HERE to find a gay person who finds this offensive.

Well, the writer for Vox who wrote about it (German Lopez) is gay.

I was just stunned that Colbert got away with saying “cockholster” on network TV. Late night, but still.

I’ll have to disagree with you here, Adam_B.

Actually, I agree that it is probably not offensive in the present context, but - delivered by the wrong person and/or towards a different target - would be deeply offensive to many. The Left should hold themselves to a higher standard and casual gay bashing is just as damaging as casual racism.

I actually love @antlers idea: Colbert can apologize and then hold a panel discussion on the Right’s shift in their support for gays.