The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Right… but is there no such thing as libel or slander against a corporation?

I suspect it would be a difficult case to make. I mean, “fake news” isn’t really a concrete claim.

Yeah, it’s kind of like how Al Franken was advised to change the title of “Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Liar” to “Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot” because the latter would be harder to prove as defamation…

Great book. Franken 2020.

Which of course makes the fact that he followed it up with “Lies, and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them” even better.

Franken 2020.

I like franken a lot these days. I used to discount him as a goof.

But he has shown that he is a guy who takes his job seriously, and he does his homework. I respect people who have the intellectual rigor to do the fucking homework.

He’s quite liberal and polarizing though. I’m not sure what the effect of that would be.

Not to mention “Why Not Me: The Inside Story of the Making and Unmaking of the Franken Presidency”. Prescient? Franken 2020! (Though in supporting appearances for his latest book, “Al Franken: Giant of the Senate” and other interviews, it sounds like he doesn’t want to run for it.)

By the way, here’s a picture of me taken by my then-friend-from-work-who-had-started-dating-me, now wife, just about ten years ago. My buddy and I did a public access show supporting local democrats. I ran the board, he interviewed guests, other folks ran cameras. Our biggest get/guest was Al Franken, pictured on one of the tiny screens. He made his case as to why he would be the best candidate for Senate. It was a really close election; he only won the state by less than four hundred votes. Sometimes, in moments of self-absorption, I like to think that some of those voters in the North Metro were swayed by his appearance on our little show.

I suppose because of the coke-snorting SNL days you could paint him as a horribly debauched librul etc. Although in a rational world, the Repubs would have conceded that high ground by electing Trump. We do not live in a rational world.

I continue to wonder what matters more – worrying about oppo research weakness, vs. damn-the-torpedoes unapologetic attitude. Again, Trump seems to prove Door #2, but he also appears unique.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-time-magazine-with-trump-on-the-cover-hangs-in-his-golf-clubs-its-fake/2017/06/27/0adf96de-5850-11e7-ba90-f5875b7d1876_story.html

The framed copy of Time Magazine was hung up in at least four of President Trump’s golf clubs, from South Florida to Scotland. Filling the entire cover was a photo of Donald Trump.

“Donald Trump: The ‘Apprentice’ is a television smash!” the big headline said. Above the Time nameplate, there was another headline in all caps: “TRUMP IS HITTING ON ALL FRONTS . . . EVEN TV!”

This cover — dated March 1, 2009 — looks like an impressive memento from Trump’s pre-presidential career. To club members eating lunch, or golfers waiting for a pro-shop purchase, it seemed to be a signal that Trump had always been a man who mattered. Even when he was just a reality-TV star, Trump was the kind of star who got a cover story in Time.

But that wasn’t true.

The Time cover is a fake.

There was no March 1, 2009, issue of Time Magazine. And there was no issue at all in 2009 that had Trump on the cover.

In fact,the cover on display at Trump’s clubs, observed recently by a reporter visiting one of the properties, contains several small but telling mistakes. Its red border is skinnier than that of a genuine Time cover, and, unlike the real thing, there is no thin white border next to the red. The Trump cover’s secondary headlines are stacked on the right side — on a real Time cover, they would go across the top.

And it has two exclamation points. Time headlines don’t yell.

He’s been on the cover like… eleven times? So the idea of making a fake one is so weird.

But so very Trump.

hashtagdailygodwin

Incidentally, here’s their latest (real) cover:

This is all obviously some 4th dimensional marketing.

Hmm. If I were tasked with choosing Trump’s words for Hall of Presidents, which words would I choose…

Bigly.

Trump is literally retarded