The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Has he ever admitted to making a mistake before? Didn’t think that would ever happen.

He’s negging Strange for sure.

Like something from an episode of Veep.

Did he really say that he’d campaign for Moore, while on stage at a rally for strange?

Pretty much. As well as saying backing Strange might have been a mistake. At Strange’s rally.

Preemptive bus throwing.

Dude, no way Trump’s power is over 9, let alone 9000.

Yeah, he was onstage with Strange and said “I back him out of loyalty…which I admit, may have been a mistake.”

He also said that if Luther Strange is elected, he’ll be the tallest senator in history.

Luther Strange is, of course, already a senator.

Also said the Wall has to be see through, because, (and I quote) “People might get hit by flying drugs.”

His Stupid Power is off the charts.

You have a point there.

What Wendy Brown calls Trump’s “apocalyptic populism” has reinforced a savage form of neoliberalism that, as Pope Francis has pointed out, produces an economy that kills.6 Trump’s militarized disregard for human life is evident in a range of policies that extend from withdrawing from the Paris Agreement on climate change and slashing jobs at the Environmental Protection Agency to gutting teen pregnancy prevention programs and ending funds to fight white supremacy and other hate-producing, right-wing groups. At the same time, Trump has called for a $52 billion increase in the military budget while arguing for a revised health care bill being sponsored by Sens. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) that would cut $4 trillion in health care over 20 years while allowing 32 million to lose health coverage by 2027. These figures speak clearly to Trump’s passion for violence, but his embrace of this form of domestic terrorism cannot be captured fully in critical commentaries about his ruthless domestic and foreign policies. The real measure of such policies must begin as Brad Evans argues in “the raw realities of suffering” and the terrible price many young, old and vulnerable populations pay with their lives.

https://twitter.com/B4IleaveU/status/911436659907948544

Thank you for linking that article,
With the caveat that I hate memes, a meme:

I had the TV on and heard clips of trump’s wailing in Alabama (his monotonal screaming is just so pathetic I usually can’t stomach it but for some reason I didn’t turn it off) and there it is, “If Hillary had won they’d be taking your rifles.” Seriously, still with that. And that got me to thinking about how some believe we ought to treat trump supporters (aka Republicans) with empathy and not “as the other team.” But you know, it’s not a team thing or a left-right thing, it’s a rational human being thing. They are such fucking rubes. Really? After eight years of the secret Kenyan muslim who is plotting to install Sharia law and any moment will be taking all your guns, after eight years and gasp, no guns taken they still buy into that shit?

Which of course leads to those terroristic NRA “clenched fist of truth!” ads, but the simple fact of the matter is that gun sales are down $100 million so the NRA et al need to drum up some business. And that’s the rub - the so-called health care bill, the take your guns speeches, the entire right wing media complex from Ann Coulter to Mark Levin to Rush to the “evangelical christians”, the whole fucking pustule lot of them - it’s all a con. They use these people solely to make enormous sums of money and their stupid ass voters keep buying it.

Tangential here, but I sort of hate the way his CTE is being covered. In a sense, they’re sort of excusing him for murder. CTE or no CTE – and there are plenty of people with CTE – Aaron Hernandez was associated with criminal thugs and was one himself. I’m sorry he had CTE, but that’s no excuse for murder. It’s a complicated conversation, obviously.

Yup.

Or, as Bill Maher always says, “You want me to stop calling you stupid? Don’t act stupid.”

Well, I never said anything about having empathy for the blowhards who drum up outrage for profit. I just know I have to share the country with a bunch of f*cking idiots so I try to make peace with it.

Bill Maher I can take or leave…but this strikes me as about the best analysis of Trumpism ever.