The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Looks to me like he’s been stuck on the toilet a long time this morning.

I mean, other than Mueller himself being Republican and all?

Sadly, this will work. I’m sure Malafort will be here touting those exact lines to defend it in the days or weeks to come.

And besides, what IF that team was comprised of Democrats? Have we seriously entered a time when the Right believes that people who vote Democrat should be disallowed from investigating Republicans? I’m sure Kenneth Star’s team was made up of nothing but registered Democrats!

So how is this going to go over, guys? We know the Goldshirts will be all for it, because they’d support him executing Congress and declaring himself dictator for life. But what about the people in the middle? Are there seriously going to allow an executive to fire anyone investigating him? And if not, what do you think happens?

In my social circle, I’m usually the really even-keeled person who doesn’t get worked up about things, but I’m thinking @Timex might be right in his comment that we might be approaching the time that people need to acquire a gun. I feel we are on the precipice of an enormous chasm.

Ugh, fuck this. This is not how I wanted to wake up on a Sunday morning.

I am with you… It feels like we are on a ledge and we are about to tumble off. Trying not to be hyperbolic, but I also feel like we are all going to be facing some tough choices very soon.

Remember that this is the world every friend and family member and stranger who voted for Trump voted for. These people cannot be trusted, cannot be reasoned with. They’re amongst us here, and you should fear them as they cheer this madness each day.

There is something irrevocably broken in these people.

Looks like things are escalating. Hope Mueller drops the indictments soon.

I actually wonder if we’re reaching the point where Republicans feel like they have to impeach to save face. Almost certainly not but these tweets and this level of panic may have them edging enough in that direction that they do take action if he moves against Mueller. With all of the damage his tariffs are doing, his bungling of North Korea and the possibility of Bolton coming in and starting a war, they might start thinking about limiting the damage before Trump really gets desperate and things get out of hand.

I have wondered if some Republicans might be biding their time to make themselves look like heroes.

Cory Gardner is one of my Senators. He ran as a moderate, he talks like a moderate, but he is extremely partisan in his actions. He spent most of his first 9 months literally hiding from his constituents. He is widely reviled in CO, and his approval numbers were in the 20s last I saw.

However, he is savvy and picks fights that give him good headlines. Pushing back against the marijuana enforcement changes, for example. He got great headlines for it but didn’t actually do anything.

Anyway, I can see him jumping in to an impeachment late in the process to try and look like this great, bi-partisan hero to try and save his political hide in blue leaning Colorado.

You all should make it clear that if he stands up to Trump you will vote for him.

I don’t have this problem in MA because we generally don’t elect villains.

Well, to be perfectly fair the MA state house has been corrupt since time out of mind and continues corrupt. I mean, Big Dig, come on. Some of those people are still around, and where they’re not, their proteges have taken their places. But yeah, in the grand scheme things, Dem state machine politics in Massachusetts is as nothing compared to the manifold horrors of any GOP-run state, much less the abyssal monstrosities in the White House.

Remember, there’s another option besides impeachment. They can also convince Pence (and half the Cabinet) to take Trump to a farm upstate where he can roam free. The 25th Amendment gives the GOP the out of saying, “Oh dear, it looks like the poor man has lost it, who could have possibly predicted brilliant businessman Trump would turn into a flake and a loon in just a few short months?”

Granted, this requires an even bigger margin in Congress than impeachment. But I think there’s a surprising number of GOP congresscritters who would turn on Trump if they didn’t have to go on the record saying he was wrong, just senile. Polls show that even a whole lot of Trump supporters think he’s unstable and unreliable.

(… Mind you, having Trump in office until the election benefits Dems more than Republicans; there’s no reason for Dems to support any GOP move for either impeachment or the 25th until after the election, when either they’ll be in a better position to set terms, or we’ll all be doomed anyway.)

Will these hold up in court?

I don’t see how they could. “His” employees work for us, not him.

How quaint.

There is no check on what laws the President can ignore except the Republicans right now, and they’ve shown they only care about power.

Not currently unless laws are changed. As mentioned, in most circumstances they are employees of the government, not of Trump or a Trump company.

That being said, look for him to try something skeevy, like signing a secrecy agreement or something akin to, “anything talked about here is considered classified.” He has the ability to make things that way, and he can roll people that talk into violations of secrecy vs NDA. Which, to be honest, carries an even heftier penalty.

The next president can declassify any of it though.

This alone is impeachable, to my mind. He is actively working to undermine the Constitution.

Total WITCH HUNT this morning, after some advertising for his pals at Fox & Friends. It really feels like something big is going to happen this week. But then again something big happens every single week, sometimes multiple times throughout the week. What a shitshow.

I’ve grown weary of the Trump years.

Tsk tsk, such language! It’s called a “fecal presentation.”* ;-)

*props to the Car Talk guys for the idea. (Tom [RIP} and Ray Magliozzi)