The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Enough of you horrible elites I’m out… I’ll see you guys at the after party.

In all fairness, they deserve nothing but mockery.

It normalizes Trump (everything is still the same as yesterday) from the liberal side; from the conservative side it’s giving air to those that want to cast light on everything they want to hide.

Normalcy stumbles forward still, but for how much longer?

I mean it’s always been stupid. The only one worth a damn was when McCain and Obama were there.
And probably Colbert just because of the insane balls he had.

I liked the one where they killed Bin Laden.

Wow, that was pretty brutal (funny, but brutal). On par with Colbert’s showing that one year.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I think you mean the Alfred E Smith dinner.

Which was pretty damn funny.

Oh that wasn’t even the WHCD? McCain’s writers won that one handily.

Well, shit, than it’s only Colbert I guess?

Well, there’s at least the one with Imus talking about Clinton banging someone in the back of his pickup truck.

I’ll admit I’m not a fan of roast-style comedy. It always comes off mean-spirited instead funny from my perspective. That’s not to say there aren’t a few decent jokes in there. But if you’re going to attend these then you have to know what you’re getting into and the sudden “Oh, my!” from various corners strikes me as less than sincere.

As if on cue, it’s almost as if the WHCA’s priorities are backwards.

“Maybe she’s born with it. Maybe it’s lies… I think it’s probably lies.” was a good play on “Maybe it’s maybeline”

The outcry from the GOP over this while simultaneously ignoring (or even 100% supporting) Trump & his friends’ insane attacks & rants is just amazing. I keep seeing the smoky eye thing mentioned as an attack on Sanders’ looks. A bit confusing because Wolf said it was “perfect” so I’m not sure where the attack was. The whole controversy is just ridiculous, compared to crap Trump says every single day and he’s the f’ing President, not a comedian at a roast dinner.

Eh, it’s predictable from the GOP. The “amazing” part is the press joining in. Though for some (eg Haberman, Cillizza), it’s not particularly amazing.

I think it says a lot about how low the bar has been set for the President of the United States. The constant barrage of infantile and vulgar behavior doesn’t even register as a blip on the radar, it seems. A comedian being vulgar pointing out all that stuff apparently crosses the line, though.

Yes, we live in a time where the expectations of decorum are greater for a comedian giving a roast than the President acting in an official capacity.

It’s because Wolf ripped them a new asshole too.