The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

I conducted a quick poll and discovered that 100% of Republicans are complete fucking morons. Also taken after the Helsinki summit.

Dem voter, watches Hannity though

A Dem voter defending Trump? That’s… unusual.

The world is bonkers broken. Kinda person that watches the Fox Networks entertainment programs, and never changes the channel when the news comes on. As long as one person disagrees, that’s enough. It’s infuriating. Same response to climate change, “But what about teh ONE scientist that disagrees???”

Is it reasonable at this point to do a consumer boycott of everything Fox has a piece of? Like not just Fox news, but the TV network, their movies, their sports broadcasts, newspapers, magazines, everything.

It’d be more effective if some sort of concerted movement could be made to target their advertisers. A boycott of Fox and its entities wouldn’t really do much. But advertisers obviously care if people start targeting them.

What about after Comcast or Disney buys Fox Entertainment.

Everyone advertises on Fox, though. Just the NFL games alone you’re boycotting basically everything. Maybe target one advertiser at a time? Apply massive pressure to, say, Budweiser, until they stop ad buys on Fox channels. Then move on to Coke. I dunno. You have to create the concept that Fox TV and Fox News are the same, and by supporting Fox TV you’re a racist. Twitter people can probably make it happen.

So this guy’s suffered some sort of major TBI.

The “entertainment” programs are the problem on fox. They’re the propaganda shows. The actual news is at least somewhat grounded in reality. The entertainment stuff is where you get the pure nonsense like Hannity and Carlson.

Best thing you can do for this guy is constantly ridicule those sources, so he hears how dumb they are, and hopefully internalizes some of that criticism. Then when he hears it he’ll notice that it’s trash.

Thanks, Timex. I’ve been low key doing that for 18 months, hasn’t moved the needle an inch. Why it’s it’s so particularly frustrating today. The gentleman in question thought the “treason summit” was an absolute disaster, but couldn’t bring himself to admit it why it was disgraceful, and then, when cornered, dropped the newest talking point :(

Ya, I’ve seen it. It’s depressing. It really has become a totally insane cult, and on some level it requires actual deprogramming, which no one has the time to do, certainly not on the scale required.

Absolutely. Screw the lot of them.

• President Donald Trump expressed skepticism over the US’s commitment with NATO by singling Montenegro, its newest member.
  • Trump questioned whether or not the US would defend it, as required to do by NATO’s founding treaty.
  • Trump suggested that the US, which “[pays] 90% of the costs to defend Europe,” was being abused by the alliance.
  • Trump imagined a scenario where Montenegro’s “aggressive people” could spark World War III with Russia.
  • His train of thought closely mirrors Russian anti-NATO messaging.

I think he singled them out because it has “negro” in the name.

(And yes, it’s the actual Richard Marx.)

So, who is going to stop this fucking moron? Why are no people on the streets? What happened to US protest culture?

It’s really hot outside, and we have hastags now. (shrugs)

I saw an interesting response to this. Since folks get limited or no time off, protests need to be on weekends and such so folks don’t lose their job/health insurance/home.

Yep. People aren’t going to risk losing their job/house/healthcare until things start affecting them in tangible ways… i.e. when it’s too late, more than likely.

Yeah, I mean look at the Brits. The entirety of Europe, the World despises this guy. Soon enough everybody will despise the US. If this is a live view of an empire crumbling I want the US to lead forever.