The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

I see he brought a bullet shield with him, just in case. Would amazing to see some sort of false sniper alarm where he grabs Melania and holds her in front of him, out of instinct.

My guess is he is only responding to yesterday’s headlines from various outlets:

The President can’t fly to Iraq on 24-hour’s notice. Hell, he might have been in the air when the stories ran.

Well in a normal Presidency, you’d have to have proper notice, prepare security, get clearances, etc, I assume. The beauty of Trump is that there IS no planning or forethought, so this could very well have been spur of the moment bullshit!

The guy is the biggest buffoon in the world. He’s a terrible person who has no idea what he’s doing. But the military and Secret Service know their shit, and they aren’t going to send the President to Iraq on short notice. It doesn’t matter what he says. That stuff takes weeks of planning, with multiple contingencies in place, background checks, etc.

I don’t want to defend Donald Trump. He’s a garbage person. But let’s pile on the real stuff, not the imagined stuff.

He’s done a lot of last minute stuff like this ( not to iraq), and this is part of the reason protecting el stupido has been more expensive than protecting any other president.

Not when visiting a war zone. Those are always surprise visits to the troops and media.

Yeah, this, and he gets to create some new stupid narrative about visiting troops to give him cover for leaving DC during the shutdown so he can go spend NYE at Mar a Lago, which he wasn’t going to miss, anyway.

They didn’t vet the twitter video very well

And just when we thought he couldn’t screw up the simplest of presidential behaviors…

Who thought that? Not me.

Dude could screw up a 2-car parade.

As one of my friends used to say, he could fuck up a wet dream.

As one of my friends used to say, he could fuck up a wet dream.

Think it is time to resurrect this video -you’re in?

A million dollars says this trip wasn’t planned. Why? Because he was supposed to be in Florida golfing at this time and that got scrapped cause he had to pretend to work to try and make Democrats look bad after he soiled himself. Then for the last week there’s been increasing focus on how he couldn’t be bothered to visit troops not just this year but last year as well, but he’s such a moron he’s actually thought he had the troops in his back pocket this whole time. Reading that 60% of troops disapprove of him was probably a massive shock. I’d expect troops will be getting another bribery raise soon.

Dave Barry doesn’t even have to try any more, just write down everything Trump did.

The way he described it. Sneaking around in the dark, I think. No lights on in the plane, pitch black. Sure it’s massive hyperbole, but he can’t help but do that. Yeah, I think it was last minute. He probably made a big deal about how he had to visit the troops.

In any other administration I would give the benefit of the doubt that this “surprise” trip to Iraq had been planned for weeks, and it was simply coincidence that all the talk of Trump not visiting the troops happened to precede it over the past few days.

But this is Trumplandia. jpinard is spot on when he says Trump most likely planned to spend Christmas through New Years golfing and partying at Mar-A-Lago, and that this Iraq thing was likely thrown together at the last possible minute by his staff as a way to address both the “Trump ignores the troops!” headlines AND the loss of faith incurred with the resignation of Gen. Mattis, especially the latter.

Mattis is “the man” in military circles, he is literally one of the most revered and respected U.S. military men since WWII, and for damn good reason. When it became clear that Trump had lost Mattis, the unspoken understanding was that the military went with him. A big part of Trump’s appeal to his base is his supposed support for and by the military. If it starts to get around that he’s unpopular with the military, it will erode his support with what is left of his base. Therefore…Super Sekrit Iraq Trip To Hobnob With The Troops!

It’s transparent as all get out, and now appears to have been a giant flop as well since it looks like his idiotic use of social media may have exposed the identities of a Seal Team. Commander In Chump.

Holy shit, Dave Barry is still around?

Time to party like it’s 1995!