The Americans (FX)

I saw there were 9 replies in the thread and figured something must have happened on the show for once this season. Nope! Most exciting part of the episode was Paige walking in the parking lot. Definitely the weakest season for me, though I did like the Tuan character. Laurie Holden is totally KGB. Maybe they will have Oleg do something interesting next season. Looks like Martha is getting a little girl to share her potato with.

Predictions for next season: Keri Russell shows her butt.

I remember reading a sci fi book way (way) back in middle school that had all these different world-ending type plot threads - and then the penultimate chapter lead with “they all died” - which taught me that interesting characters are always greater than plot. :D

This is coming back next week! HYPE!!

On the subreddit for this show, I read a very interesting fan theory about how Philip and Elizabeth are going to get caught by Stan. Seems pretty solid. It involves a piece of jewelry.

Is this going to be the final season?

Yup final season. I wish more shows cough The Walking Dead cough had learned the value of knowing when to call it quits.

I see that the actress who played their original controller is one of the leads in Amazon’s Sneaky Pete. Has anyone seen that?

I’ve seen the previews for that series, but haven’t actually watched it at all. The actress is Margo Martindale, and she’s awesome. She was also on Justified for a couple of seasons.

Re that series you mentioned that didn’t know when to call it quits, I stopped watching soon after the total cheat of Glenn’s survival under the dumpster (his feet would have been next to it the way he fell, not his head!) only to have him murdered horribly by Negan (I didn’t watch that).

Same, although I kept watching and mostly wish I hadn’t.

I’m very excited for the final season. I feel like this will be like watching the final season of Justified or the Good Wife. The show is going out near the top rather than well after it had started to decline.

I had a feeling that Elizabeth would do something like that. Sheesh.

I first thought, oh she was going to confront the dude and say. You perv give my teenage daughter her ID back before I report you to your commander. But then, I remembered nope this bad ass Elizabeth.

The thing that always strikes me about scenes like that is that…

IRL there would be so much more blood and no way Elizabeth walks away from it without having it all over herself. I know they don’t show it because half the audience would lose its lunch, but still.

Wasn’t a fan at all of last season but I thought this was a pretty good premier. Thought the musical choices were pretty awesome throughout. Good to see Oleg back in it and doing stuff that doesn’t feel like filler, and I’m actually interested in how Paige’s character will progress for once. It’s cool to see how Philip and Elizabeth have gone in such different directions. But let’s not forget about the best character in the series, Henry. Henry is now not just good at math, but he is also good at hockey!

That’s what struck me the most too. The choices of “Don’t Dream It’s Over” for the opening montage and “We Do What We’re Told” for Elizabeth’s trip to Mexico were brilliant.

Criminy, is Elizabeth on the murder-a-week plan? Sheesh!

LOL I hadn’t thought of that. Is it just me or are killing getting more and more unnecessary. Last weeks was in self-defense, but this weeks, I don’t get at all. The killing or even just the disappearance of a security guard at a top secret facility has got to raise question. She made a mistake saying she knew the guys girlfriend. “I work at a different location so I don’t know her”, is much better answer, but why kill him?

If the writers are trying to get me to start thinking of Elizabeth as serial killer, and start to hate her, they are doing a good job.

I think she did it not so much because of the GF not knowing a “Tracy Huff” or whatever, but because as head of security the GF would never have heard of the “survey” and would thus immediately smell a rat, and harden the target that this week’s unlucky victim had just described in such detail.

How about that–last night’s show was directed by Roxann “B’Elanna Torres” Dawson.

She upgraded her plan this week. Wonder what the running totals of her and Philip are.