The Anacrusis - L4D follow-up by Chet

Alright, they just dropped a new update. Some big changes:

• Voice chat. Praise Jeebus. This should help quite a bit, if people bother to turn it on and configure it. Of course, they defaulted it to “always on” which means it will be a lot of breathing, echoing sfx, etc.

• Progression system with cosmetics and some other stuff:

“The Infinity Pass brings players 42 quests to complete over the next 13 weeks. The Infinity Pass includes both free and premium tracks, with more than 50 total character skins, weapon skins, banners, titles, and emotes, including more than a dozen items that will available to players on the free track.”

So it sounds like they’ll have “premium” (paid) and regular paths in the future. OK. Well.

If anyone wants to give it a try, let me know.

This has sent me back to Back 4 Blood, which has grown on me quite a bit.

Given the markedly poor reception you’d think they’d give all that shit away, to be honest. Anything to keep the population up. It’s a multiplayer game, without a critical mass it’s dead.

Hopefully Chet’s next game is single-player, anyway. This setback might lead there.

I was gonna stream this the other day with my co-op buddy, but then we learned you can’t have a mixed team of humans and bots, and we hate playing with randos so fuck that.

Getting updates monthly, anyone give it another go recently?

Free weekend , update 5, and half off sale.