The apology for Cyberpunk 2077 is the most un-cyberpunk thing you'll see this week

Title The apology for Cyberpunk 2077 is the most un-cyberpunk thing you'll see this week
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When January 13, 2021

Apologies from publicly held companies are weird things…

Read the full article

I dunno, I haven’t seen anyone t-pose or cars sink into the ground and I’ve played 30+ hours, so I think it’s totally plausible that stuff like that just didn’t come up in testing. That said, what usually happens is that it does come up in testing and then the devs ignore it.

Judging from posts from people who actually really enjoyed the game, you must be one of the few to not have seen any such weirdness in 30 hours. The reports started coming in very early in the game.

I can accept one PC tester may not have seen the issues everyone else (including myself) have experienced on PC. I cannot accept that a QC/QA team working hundreds of hours didn’t see and report them.

A somewhat confusing note to end the video with.

And still no explanation for why CDPR only allowed reviewers to use their in-house prepared official footage.

Maybe it was innocent, but my feeling is that it’s suspiciously convenient for them. They knew what was up.

Tutorial VR bit for me, and occasionally the rest of the game, some strange issues. Thankfully nothing major happened to me, and either reloading fixed strangeness and/or no issues with scripts/quests of note.

Next generation console version isn’t coming until second half of 2021. That’s good. Let them fix all this crap, and I’ll take a look at it on PS5 after the Black Friday 2021 sales.

I didn’t say I hadn’t seen anything weird - saw a tree that seemed to be strobing through another dimension or something, for example, and when i’ve been doing gigs for Wakako a bunch of her lines just…don’t happen. But not cars sinking into the ground or anyone t-posing. And not very much overall.

Yeah, I hit a T-pose in the first bar scene in the Corpo beginning.

I think the apology was more about the older console versions, which were really broken. PC version is not too bad.

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe!

People flying past me in invisible cars. Others sitting on TOP of each other (with clipping). Invisible clothes. Unclickable items…etc

The following thing I wouldn’t call a bug, but just an odd scripting decision. When driving into the city in the very beginning, I experienced the inverse of this scene:

Jacki was driving the car and his hands hardly moved away from 10 & 2 and the view outside of the car was twisting and turning through the city streets. Its so obviously fake that I struggled to concentrate on the exposition dump he was delivering!

That statement is an example of CD Projekt learning the intricacies of corporatespeak on-the-fly. After they managed to get delisted from the Sony store for speaking off-the-cuff about the half-assed state of their game design and QA, you can bet they’re going to refrain from saying anything meaningful, definitive, or forthright.

And that roadmap is something else. Yep, that’s a map of a road, all right! Not many features along the journey, but I guess it’s still a path.

-Tom

After a certain point they probably gave up, though. Also, there may be issues that you even can’t see/get to due to other issues. (I haven’t played the game at all, FYI. Just judging by people’s posts.)

B-but the PC version reviewed so well

I turned off the video at that point. Yeah, the fucking PC version is just a goddamn basket filled with rainbows and kittens, innit?

Is it bollox!

“We didn’t see all the problems during testing” = “We didn’t dedicate enough time or manpower to testing.”

I wonder if they did too much of their testing on development kits and not enough on test kits that reflect the final hardware… That’s one way you’d end up missing hiccups in the streaming system, if you hit memory or read-speed limits on retail boxes that you don’t see on dev kits. (Although, honestly, I forget exactly how big the difference is between retail > test > dev kits for PS4/XBO.)

I think they just didn’t test it… because it was nowhere near ‘done’. To get it out the door without delaying the official “release date” again. For whatever reason, they decided this was the better option.

I love that their roadmap just basically says they’re going to be fixing the game for all of 2021, and it ends at 2022, so what you don’t see is that potentially they’ll be fixing things in 2022 as well.

It’s the dumbest “roadmap” I’ve seen. Like, why even bother? Does anyone looking at this thing think it’s a good roadmap? It’s about as detailed as the underpants gnomes’ plan.