The Arma 3 hype thread

He is a developer from Bohemia. He doesn’t make ‘viral’ publicity, but open, official publicity.

Dwarden is a wonderful developer so please, take away any “viral” moniker which is not the case at all. That being said, they seem to be hitting the exact things I was hoping to see. Real physics - yea!!! New animation system - yea!!!

The images look incredible, I mean is that underwater shot - is that an IN-GAME shot? A realistc shooter where you can snorkel? Insane!

Naeblis, it does not look like 2.5 to me. Current soldier models have all their pockets and stuff as shaded textures, not real ones. The helo is a big indicator as well. In the current game, all rocket pods etc are just a tube with a nicely textured cap. These have individual FFAR rockets - the real deal.

I wonder if this will be the ArmA where the cpu isn’t the bottlneck and an SLI setup can finally be stressed.

They better not cripple game for AMD users by heavy use of PhysX.

I need a new computer :(

This. I already can’t play #2’s city part of the campaign without turning everything way down, which is hardly enjoyable. :/ I’ll be giving this one a miss until the next upgrade, probably in a couple of years. Sadly, everything else is still available but I realize that even something like Just Cause’s vistas or even Far Cry 2’s graphical fidelity can’t compare to what goes on in every ARMA scenario … isn’t there a ton of destructability in ARMA, too?

Hah, nice one.

Awesome news, looks pretty amazing too. And there’s a Comanche!

Despite the fact that I’ve upgraded my PC not 5 months ago I’ll probably upgrade again for this.

That’s awesome, scuba and submersibles!

Until I hear of significant UI improvements, I can’t say I’ll touch this one, even if I’ve spent hours and hours in the mission editor for Arma2 vanilla. After so much praise for the improvements in Arrowhead, I still got stuck too many times just trying to figure out how to perform mission objectives.

Those screenies look miles better than what my computer gets out of OA, but ragdoll physics alone won’t help moonwalking machine gunners.

I don’t mean to sound down on a series I’ve enjoyed, but I just don’t have the time I used to to troubleshoot software and still wring fun out of it.

God dammit, I thought we axed the RAH-66!

It’s those zombie defense programs, they just won’t die.

Yes, another fantastic element of ArmA.

Dwarden, what’s the release meter look like? late 2012, 2013, 2014?

when done then it’s ready or was it done when ready ? :) something like that

@wallington we prefer to do things officially no need for shady postings
and majority of forums and theirs mods/administrators is perfectly fine with it (so far)

Hah hah, good joke. But both Arma 1 and Arma 2 were in the market well before they were ready ;)

Jpinard, release date is “2012”.

A question i wanted to make from some time ago. I understand the use of sentence-builder voice in real time (2, go to, that house!) but why is it so bad? There are similar systems in the market much better. I used loquendo in my work and it was pretty aceptable, try to get a license of their technology

http://www.loquendo.com/en/demo-center/tts-demo/english/

Real world Location in google Earth (look at the first screenshot of thread)

It’s surprising that a studio that keeps releasing updated iterations of the very same game for many years hasn’t yet transitioned to a business model better suited to that approach.

What do you mean?

Well, full-fledged freemium MMO might be a radical suggestion, but there needs to be SOME way to monetize people who don’t want to keep paying full-price for the latest update of OFP. If I wanted to start playing this right now, I wouldn’t even know which of the 127 different versions I should buy, yet alone how to play with friends who might have bought a different box.

that there’s the island. looks interesting!

So because there are 127 versions already… you want one more???

There are two games: Arma 2, and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, an expandalone. That’s it.

So I understand that owners of ArmA, ArmA: Queen’s Gambit, ArmA 2, ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, ArmA 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company (or ArmA 2: Reinforcements) and soon ArmA 3, or any combination of these content packs, can freely play the game with each other? Because if they can’t, the developers use content to separate their playerbase, which always hurts economically.