The Arma 3 hype thread

Keep making operation flashpoint. Cold war gone HOT is the best war.

So, BIS releasing Capture The Isle as an official mod?

Used to play it a lot back in Flashpoint days.

Starting Valentines Day Arma 3 will be Free to Play for the weekend on Steam and also has a big discount.

unnamed

Dear awesome person,

Starting this Thursday February 14th (18:00 UTC) and ending on Monday February 18th (18:00 UTC), everyone who has not yet enlisted for Arma 3 will be able to play the complete Arma 3 base game + Arma 3 Apex expansion for FREE on Steam!

Since this is in sale you guys, let me ask, how is this for the single player?

Arma 3 campagin => good. not great
Apex campaign => bad
Arma 3 user made content => thousands of shit to choose from

Warlords can also played single player

But frankly, Brian, ArmA is a massive time-sink that is really intended for MP. You have enough on your plate already :)

Perfect answer, thanks guys.

I think I tried the single player demo for this (or maybe it was Arma 2?) and I was SO bad at it. I died over and over…

Free weekend, give it a try.

I spent more time single player with Operation Flashpoint, with the ARMA’s I have been way more multiplayer oriented. Still, lots of singleplayer fun to be had using Zeus to set up little skirmishes and watching them unfold or jumping in and taking part yourself.
ARMA III is pretty damn good. Still has some ARMA quirks but it is the best one yet. IMO.

Stuff like this is fun, but again, it’s on the high point of the “time vs. fun” curve. Sure, I can fire up an Antistasis server and have a blast by myself, but it doesn’t change the fact that ArmA3 is a lifestyle more than a game you pick up and play.

You don’t actually have to spend a lot of time with ArmA 3. You run through the single player in a few hours, then toy around with the editor for an hour. You’ll have seen enough to understand why people can get into it while realizing you don’t have the time or group of people for it.

‘Creator DLC’ coming to Arma 3 April 29th. Didn’t see a price yet, but I’m interested in the theme.

The Cold War hits 1980s northern Germany. Fight on an all-new 419 km2 terrain with 42 new vehicles and vehicle variants, 21 new weapons including weapon variants, and a ton of additional character assets. Play a 10-mission singleplayer campaign, or choose from 17 multiplayer scenarios available in both summer and snowy winter conditions.

https://store.bistudio.com/img/products/222/images/previews/v6bnGDlY.jpg

Creator DLC is brand new additional content for Arma 3, which is made by third-party developers, and published by Bohemia Interactive.

!!!

Yea, the future wars stuff was … meh. This looks a lot more interesting.

They never should’ve launched with the near-future weapons and vehicles without contemporary arms as well.

Oh my gosh, do want.

I want Leopards. Challengers. T-72s. A-10s and Apaches. M16s and AK74s. Bradleys and BMPs. That’s all I ever wanted. Sweaty Reagan fantasies about Fulda Gap. That’s all.

Dynamix A-10 Tank Killer, RIP.

Its why OG operation flashpoint was so great.