The Arma 3 hype thread

The Arma 4 hype thread starts here.

It’s hard for me to imagine the level of jank possible in a new or upgraded engine for next-gen.

Never underestimate jank. Never.

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Arma Reforger - Bohemia Interactive’s pre-Arma 4 MP game

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Arma Reforger - Bohemia Interactive’s pre-Arma 4 MP game

A new creator DLC comes out on the 25th. It takes place after the D-Day invasion at Normandy. I hope the Warlords game mode for this mod is active. Thermal Scopes and jets ruin the modern Warlords version for me. I played WWIIOnline back in the day and while it was mediocre I did have fun with hunting the enemy in tank vs tank combat. With the map being 150 km maybe it can repeat that feeling.

Ooh.

I would think doubtful, as I don’t know think that SOG Prairie fire or the other creator DLC have much in the form of single player

Though

Looking through it, it seems that SOG prairie fire got updates for warlords game modes, and AI in those. So, maybe? It would be really cool to do some warlords in WW2.

DUWS will probably get a faction for this, that’s one wayvto do SP

Yeah, definitely ways to do single player “warlords” like gameplay. But honestly, jumping into a server isn’t that bad either.

If they have warlords built in, you can expect some modders to create some single player dynamic campaign scenarios pretty quickly. And, if it is built in from the start, you can open up a LAN server and play single player with AI (unless they don’t have AI, which is possible)

Well, they put together a good trailer at least.

I might just buy it, as it is only 18 bucks.

I got a round of the Warlords version in and it seems like it’s what I hoped. I had a 109 try to bomb my tank but I survived. In the modern version I would have been dead from a missile fired from far away. I got in a cat and mouse game with a Tiger in a village and managed to get behind him and take him out. The map has tons of cover so death is everywhere out of sight. My only disappointment is the server had no anti tank gun options. Hopefully that was just a server setting.

Can confirm, this has a single player warlords scenario built right in, with save/load and AI.

Actually quite fun, got a sherman and took a church point int he middle of the city.

One issue with SP warlords, is it seems like the default is US vs US, and I don’t know how to change that.

OK, so S.O.G. AI is a singleplayer game changer mod in the way it lets you add and command squadies. Works across all the official DLCs… and works in Antistasi 3.2.2. You can even play the coop missions in the official campaigns with them with success. Tremendous having actual non-dumbasses in your squad with a nice concise wheel-menu to command them. Two thumbs up. (You do need the Prairie Fire SOG DLC, though.)

Yeah, I have held off on the Prairie Fire SOG DLC due to the lack of SP options, as MP only DLC feels a bit pointless, as there are not a TON of people playing ARMA 3 at the moment.

The new Spearhead 1944 has AI built in.

Glad to hear that there are updates for SOG that add in functionality.

Still trucking along I guess.

This and reforger are just puzzling to me.

They have 2 different games they are supporting/developing, and one of those games (Reforger) is just supposed to be a tech demo and not a full game.

A pity there weren’t any news of Arma 4 in the E3 or in Gamescom. I guess they are trucking along, they are in it for the long ride.

It isn’t that puzzling Jon, they have a current game (Arma 3) in ‘support mode’, and a sequel in development (Arma 4). Arma Reforger is just a paid pre-alpha of Arma 4 tech.

I mean, if by support mode you mean generating new content and assets. I wouldn’t expect new content as “support”.

The reforger thing also irks me, because I don’t really want to buy a game that will be obsoleted by ARMA 4.

The community made mods, like the WW2 one make some sense, as those are done by third parties, but Bohemia making their own content for ARMA 3 while also developing ARMA 4 and Reforger all at once seems like they are doing a lot for a studio.

This has been an unexpected freebie, I don’t think they had released new content, free or paid, in years. The last paid dlcs were done by external studios.