The astonishing cluelessness of The Crew 2

I did mention earlier that this was a poor choice of words. I fully redact what I said.

you must be a fucking Canadian with how much you apologize

I seriously almost started this comment with “I’m sorry.” Apologizing about apologizing. I really do mean it though. I didn’t mean to offend anyone or start anything bad. I was mistaken and thankfully corrected.

Ha, well instead of being Canadian about it (that made me laugh @Mr.GRIM) how about this instead:

New members, meet new friends. Welcome!

See, this is the sort of handling that adds character, and I wish they’d had more of it in The Crew 2! The driving model actually felt like a big step backwards for me, but I played The Crew 1 with all the assists turned off. I was never able to get that sense of character in The Crew 2, despite turning all the assists all the way down. I wish they’d gone further with the boats in terms of what you’re describing, but like you say, it was mostly just holding the stick back to pull your nose out of the water.

By the way, there’s a really good sci-fi racing called Quantum Shift that does some neat stuff with having to pull nose back and push it forward. Mainly related to G-forces. But it made the Y-axis on the control stick relevant, which is what Ubisoft was obviously attempting with the boats.

Until someone here mentioned it in another thread, I had no idea there were any plans for PvP! I mean, there’s no “coming soon” placeholder or news announcement or anything that I saw. I genuinely thought Ubisoft wasn’t going to bother with it. It’s weird to me that they released Crew 2 before such a notable feature was present, especially since it’s such an online game; that sort of interaction is to be expected in an online game. There must have been some sort of scheduling pressure.

Oh, look, The Crew 2 came out at the last minute of Q2 2018! Probably just a coincidence. :)

-Tom

Here’s the photo they posted of future plans (trying to finish an unfinished game I guess)

That’s what stands out to me, and it seems to permeate every aspect of the game. If ever a game screamed “Push it out the door half baked” it’s this one.

I plan to play this eventually, especially when they say they are aiming for a MMO or GaaS model. Which MMO is good on launch? Hardly any, so I expected this to be not good. In 6 months to 1 year, when everything is patched, and the price has dropped (and I’ve worked on my backlog a bit more), then I’m ready to jump in.

The vanilla The Crew 1, minus Wild Run and CAU, is a very less substantial game than the final product. So it is not as if Ivory Tower had no prior.

that’s a lot of vehicules! I guess they’re like molecules, probably pretty small.

It’s such a shame I have been longing for a carpg social car came since test drive unlimited 1 they screwed up tdu2 with terrible physics played the crew 1 demo but gave up on it because the ps4 lacked any wheel support it seems they’ve done the same thing again had a good concept in crew 1 but fuxxxd it up again I am right it saying crew
developers worked on tdu?

Yeah Ivory Tower was founded by people from Eden who did TDU.

I also do not understand why Crew games are inferior in some aspects to TDU.

On PC at least though, Crew 1 supports wheels (I bought Thrustmaster T 150 because of that game and it worked perfectly).

That looks like a reason to wait until 2019 rather than a reason to buy in now.

Wait…the game is getting hovercraft? Is this the Star Citizen of car games? Geez.

Not to speak for @tomchick who can speak for himself just fine, but I think what he meant was that you were really bad at being a troll or fanboi, since they usually come in here right after registering, spouting incoherent angry nonsense because they don’t agree with a review. You did none of those things.

If they fill it with eels, I may reconsider my disparaging opinion of this terrible game.

Yeah if you beat the freestyle branch you get one. And they plan to add another for some reason.

I wonder if having car, boat and plane cockpits would make this a viable VR title. Ubi did that VR thing based around eagles in Paris (??) so maybe they’re up for experiments.

Huh, they’re already in there? I’m surprised they didn’t advertise that more.

It’s a pretty useless vehicle lol. The turning is terrible and the speed is well below average. But the fact that it’s a hovercraft was interesting enough I suppose.

I learned that in Far Cry 4.