The Avengers: Infinity War Spoiler Thread

Even better. Tony sacrifices himself to save Cap, with his last act being to give Cap a list of people with powers from the Accords, who Cap starts calling up to join in the big end game battle.

The final shot is Cap resting his shield on Tony’s grave

I think that’s a good summary of the current speculation. There’s so much in there that at least some of it is probably right, so good to mark it as spoilers.

The best piece of news in there is that half the Asgardians, including the Valkyrie, did manage to escape the ship.

Yes, seriously. One of my least favorite things about IW is that it implied the final hopeful moments of Ragnarok were completely for naught and an entirely hollow “victory” (already Pyrrhic).

Except by spoilerizing it, you can not click on the link, if you do you just reblur it. Also you can not copy and paste either, so the link does you no good unless you want to type the whole thing out.

Right click the link after you unspoiler it and choose “Open in new tab” or “Open in new window”.

Ah thanks!

Oh whoops, I didn’t realize that spoilerization side-effect. I’ve changed the spoiler type.

IS any of the Ultron dream scenes gonna be referred to? Some of that stuff seemed like precognition… sorta. Damn a year to wait. Well I bet theres gonna be some surprises in Ant Man Wasp movie… like Pym going thru time or wormhole possibility. In comics Pym was actually the smart one, more than Stark imo. Banner and Parker are SUPPOSED to be smarter than Stark. But I like in the movie with Stark being more brainy… fits his ego.

I got the feeling it wasn’t meant to be funny. Like it was supposed to show him vulnerable. In that sense it worked, and was one of my favourite scenes.

The movie does play alot on subtle emotional moments… and I read that the Spiderman actor improvised his scene… pretty good, reminded of medic death in SPR… really sad. Alot of the movies strength comes with its mortal damocles feel for the characters. Of any movie I’ve seen recently, its really quite effective.

In the comics, he didn’t make the cut to be included in the Illuminati. “Being a Skrull” was the reason the first time, but even when they let more people in, he wasn’t part of the club.

There’s always this moment.
Pym

I thought it was interesting that the Hulk is basically a coward. He gets his ass kicked and then refuses to appear when needed, even threatened. Then again, he is emotionally based, so I guess fear rather than anger is controlling him now.

I also am frustrated at Star Lord. Credit for the plan, but he really hasn’t matured as a leader. And the bad part is right now he’s dead, so he can’t really redeem himself. It would be better if he was still alive and felt the burden and guilt of what he allowed.

Star Lord is basically Tony Stark before he got humbled in Avengers 2. Super arrogant, highly skilled and self made but has been saved by good luck way too often. Doesn’t think about the consequences of his actions.

From the perspective of me rooting for the heroes I hated Starlords move, but from a story telling perspective I loved it.

In gotg 2 my favorite bit was when he started shooting immediately after he heard the story behind his mother. I really identified with him in that moment. Then when in a similar situation here, what made me previously cheer in the other movie, was filling me with dread because I knew he couldn’t help himself.

It also was well done because in the previous encounter with Thanos nobody followed his plan and it got them into trouble, but he repeats the same mistake his team made previously. I felt like I, as the viewer,was going through all the same emotional moments he was when the previous plan fell apart.

Saw it last night. Feel good movie of the year!

Not really the movie my mood needed after a rough couple of weeks, but I thought it was really well done. And so weird to see all those worlds colliding (in one case, literally).

While I am slightly annoyed that the next movie will be a big retcon, I wouldn’t be miffed at all if they retcon all of the Asgardians back into existence. Otherwise, Thor: Ragnarok is a big bummer. Like Aliens 3 level of futility.

Also, can they please retcon Spiderman’s iron-suit in his next movie? Cool in this movie, but swinging around New York? Not so much.

He declined that suit or a similar one at the end of Homecoming. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him hand it back to Stark when he’s not gallivanting around the universe.

Did he actually kill all the Asgardians… or half. I got the impression maybe they didn’t show Valkryie because she’s with the living half… somewhere.

Hmm, yeah, I didn’t think about that. The staging implied everyone was dead, but it’s odd they didn’t show Valkyrie. Was there any dialogue here I missed that implied some were let go or escaped?

Let me go to the googles…

OK, so apparently Valkyrie and Korg and half the Asgardians got away. Of course, now it’s down to 1/4 after snapocolypse, but we won’t think about that. Hopefully they show up in Avengers 4.

How so?