The Avengers: Infinity War Spoiler Thread

Didn’t we see him do that in the Ang Lee Hulk movie? I always fall asleep every time I’ve tried watching that one though (even in the theater), so I’m not sure.

They’re gonna have to cart Downey off the set in a body bag to get him to leave these movies.

Given that you were asleep you must have been dreaming about another movie (Lawrence of Arabia?). There was no such scene in that movie which I liked BTW :p

It would have been better without hulk poodle I suppose.

Where did he have his climatic battle against the army then? Wasn’t it in a desert type landscape?

I’m quoting this from April because I just watched the film and thought the same. At first I thought "ohh they are killing named characters, finally they get serious! Loki, Heimdall, Gamora…
And then the killing continued, and finally they killed half of the main heroes, and I basically facepalmed, because then I understood they are going to do time-shenanigans and resurrect everyone, so in the end there is no emotional investment.
I would have preferred if he kills just a pair of guys, but they stay dead for good.

Otherwise this has been a very fine Marvel supers film. They have made efforts in making a better villain than in other movies (a common complaint in their films), and the CGI are also better than some of the last Marvel movies (ie Black Panther cgi ewww) and it’s pretty damn spectacular blockbuster visually speaking. It has a good mix of action, character drama and some comedy, and they nailed the vibe of epic fantasy science fiction, with all the trips to different planets. The cinematography has been also better than usual.

The table may be reset but several pieces will still be removed. Remember we are only halfway through the story. There will be heroes irrevocably lost. There probably already has been.

I guess someone will stay dead, or will have to sacrifice himself to win against Thanos, to show what was needed to triumph against him, the big baddie. We will see.

Ugh this is just embarrassing, it looks like a college kid made it. I’m amazed it’s still part of the MCU.

It’s not. The one with Edward Norton is, the older one with Eric Bana isn’t.

I thought Edward Norton’s film actually referred to some of the events from the Eric Bana one, making it a sequel, and making the Eric Bana one a part of the story as well?

I don’t think any of it matters enormously to the later movies featuring Ruffalo’s Hulk.

Yeah, they’ve already said they’re not interested in making a Hulk standalone film so unless The Leader shows up elsewhere played by the same guy from the Norton film, which was really its only major loose end, then the legacy of the Norton film is fully conveyed only through William Hurt’s portrayal of Ross.

They’re telling Hulk’s story across the Avengers movies, plus Thor Ragnarok. I’m guessing we’re going to see some kind of Banner-Hulk fusion in Infinity War 2. They’ve done this a couple times in the comics, essentially a smart Hulk. Hopefully its Grey Hulk because he looks cool.

I’ve only seen the Norton Hulk once and don’t remember any specific details other than the brief encounter with Tony Stark and being bored by the rest of it. That said, Wikipedia refers to it as “reboot”, but its makers seem to consider at as both, a reboot and sequel. It, however, is not listed in Marvel’s own MCU overview and therefore does not really seem to be a part of it. (https://www.marvel.com/movies)

Wasn’t the lack of a standalone Ruffalo Hulk movie down to only Universal still having the rights to do a standalone Hulk movie?

It’s there. It came out after Iron Man.

Read what I said.

The one with Edward Norton is, the older one with Eric Bana isn’t.

I think you’re right about the rights. I think it has to be a Universal production.

I was sure they were going to write out Thor until Thor Ragnarok came out. And now I don’t think they would be willing to leave another Taika Waititi Thor movie on the table. I suppose they could just give him Guardians 3.

I’m fine with either option. The Thor movies have gotten better each time, so I would love to see another, now that they have passed from middling to good.

But Takia Guardians could be great too.