The bad movie podcast watchalong thread

I know there are some fans of the Flophouse, How Did This Get Made?, and maybe even We Hate Movies and other such podcasts here, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where those of us who actually watch the movies discussed can share our thoughts on them, and for that matter on the podcasts. Or just use it as a coping mechanism while you try to purge your brain of the awfulness. In practice, I mainly watch the HDTGM movies, as you get a heads-up and the Flophouse is more about the trio’s silly riffs than about the movie itself, but all are welcome.

Anyway, to kick things off, we have Hell Comes To Frogtown. As the HDTGM crew pointed out, it’s really quite remarkable how much this movie presages Mad Max: Fury Road. Laconic anti-hero roaming the post-apocalyptic wasteland gets roped into rescuing a breeding harem from a mutated warlord, spends most of movie driving a war-rig. It even has a Furiosa lookalike. Given that, it’s remarkable that George Miller was able to produce as good and relatively unproblematic a film as he did, because boy is this film bad, incoherent and morally questionable.

Oh goddammit it’s in the wrong forum.

Holy shit guys, Fateful Findings is UNBEFUCKINGLIEVABLE.

Thanks for the bump, spambot!

This week’s HDTGM is Stephen King’s Dreamcatcher, if anyone wants to watch along. But for me, it’s going to be Solar Warriors (aka Solarbabies), which was a HTDGM episode back in April, but has only just now become available in the UK. It looks spectacular.

Fateful Findings is going to be an upcoming How Did This Get Made episode, if there are any Breen fans here. I’m so excited.

They’re doing that one for the upcoming live show here in Seattle.

I don’t listen to any of those podcasts but I do enjoy watching bad and B movies so, uh, I don’t know if I belong here or not.