The Banana Splits movie

Not what I was expecting

Huh. So Five Nights at Banana Splits basically? Might be fun.

Jesus. The Banana Splits were some tired, uncool shit when I was little.

What’s next, The Coward and Outlaw Dobie Giilis?

Uh… wut?

We used to love the show when we were kids, especially since they filmed some of the live bits at Six Flags nearby. Was not expecting to see it come back like this though.

I’d heard they were taking this approach and I wasn’t convinced, but the preview looks fun. (Since I wasn’t a Banana Splits fan when it was on in first run… Give me my Land of the Lost, Shazam/Isis Hour, and Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, please.)

Direct to video tempers my excitement, though it could just be because Warner doesn’t know how to market it.

If this does well, perhaps they can do one about a hallucinogenic drug that takes you to the land of The Bugaloos.

jinx!

Jinx!

LOL

David Cross looks a lot like Jim Carrey in that costume.

Maybe it’s the drugs.

Let’s reboot this. We’ll print money with our Movie-verse!

Edit: There are probably five meetings happening in LA to do just that as I write this.

Liz Phair’s cover of the theme song was great:

It’s good but it’s hard to top the Dickies version.

Nice, hadn’t heard that one before, but I do loves me some Liz Phair!

I look forward to the H. R. Pufnstuf cosmic horror movie.

And Material Issue backing her up. That whole cover album had a great lineup.

I could see them as the saviors in this movie. They ARE you friend when things get rough…

Hahahah yesssss.

The more I think about it the more I’m weirdly entranced by the idea that this part of my childhood is going to get turned on it’s head.

I guess someone at the studio realized there’s money in Five Nights at Freddy’s and they held the rights to the Kroft show.