The Bargain thread for movies

The Criterion Collection Blu-Ray edition of Wim Wenders’ Wings of Desire is currently $20 as an Amazon Gold Box deal of the day. Should be on sale for the next 2 hours or so.

Also, Barnes & Noble has the Blu-ray editions of every Criterion title on sale for 50% off (60% in store, if you’re a member), for the rest of the month. The regular DVDs are on sale, too, but it comes out to about the same price.

$20ish per Blu-ray, less if you’re a member, for most of them.

Short notice: Ultimate Pink Panther collection is on sale from $176 down to $40 right now as part of a lightning deal. It includes all the Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers and all the Pink Panther cartoons. And it includes the 2006 Pink Panther movie too. It’s already over 60% gone and moving fast though. It might be gone soon.

Amazon has Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz on Blu-ray for $10 each.

Amazon has the Black Adder Remastered: The Ultimate Edition half of at $35 today only. Amazing deal if you ask me.

Holy shit, thank you. I’ve been staring at the older collector’s boxed set with its MSRP of $100 or so and never quite seeing it become affordable even when on sale. I had no idea this edition even existed, much less was on sale today. And I’m usually one to check the Gold Box daily.

Yeah, I’ve been looking for a cheaper price on the Black Adder set for AGES, so I’m thrilled that it finally got cheap enough to snag. :)

Here’s the Black Friday deals week calendar for Amazon’s Movies & TV deals. Like they say, it’s just the Lightning Deals and no prices except for Monday’s fairly anemic selection as of yet. Still, I greatly appreciate this transparent approach to deals and wish very much that the folks running Amazon’s videogame deals would offer similar transparency. I mean, yes, yes, it’s mildly fun trying to guess what the clues mean, but I’d rather have some advance notice of deals I want to take advantage of.

Best Buy had “The Assasination Of Jesse James” for $3.49 today!
Seen it there previously for 9.99.

Each season of MAD MEN (1,2,3) is 9.99 over at Amazon , Blu or Dvd , ends 11/27.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy on Blu ( Regular Editions ) are 10.79 over at Target Online.

Found these over at slickdeals.

Amazing price on Mad Men. I’d definitely jump on that if I didn’t already have 'em.

Also, the individual LOTR Blus are down to $7.99 and are price-matched on Amazon. That’s just the price to make me jump, transfer issues and lack of extended editions be damned.

Oohh, totally snagged Audiosurf.

But…why? Why even own the theatrical editions?

Because who knows how long it will take for the extended editions to come out?

Yoink and Yoink, respectively, from Amazon. It’s going to be a good Christmas!!!

I know , I’ve spent over a hundred bucks on blu’s today alone , and its not even black Friday yet! :x

The theatrical cut is so decidedly inferior, especially for the latter two movies, that I cannot picture them ever being worth owning, Bluray visual upgrade or no.

but they were all 3 for 10$ , I can sell them later used for more than I paid.

All three for $10!? D’oh! I missed out on that.

Deadwood (complete) is going for $62 on DVD and $85 on Blu-ray at Amazon right now. Lowest prices I’ve seen on these sets, and well worth it. I have the Blu-rays and they look great.