The Bargain thread for movies

Shit, sold.

LOTR Blu $30 shipped at Buy.com. Still don’t know if its worth it for the regular versions though.

Save your cash for the EE’s.

The definitive LOTRs experience!

Amazon’s deal of the day is Leone’s The Man With No Name trilogy on Blu-ray for $23.99.

Yeah, I ordered that. I was a little worried about some of the framing issues, but then plenty of other reviews said to forget about framing and just enjoy the damn films; don’t get bogged down in nitpicky stuff.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the spruced-up transfer of For a Few Dollars More.

Criterion films are 50% at Barnes & Noble again! That includes Blu-rays, which are priced about the same as the regular DVDs, I believe.

I’m in for The Thin Red Line and Solaris.

Black Adder II is currently free on iTunes. All six episodes. Even if you hate Britcoms you must watch the episode “Beer.”

Ack - this should be in the TV area.

A boxed set of 9 Stanley Kubrick DVDs is on sale on Amazon for $30:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004O724M2/ref=nosim/0sil8

Amazon.co.uk has the Bourne Trilogy on Blu-ray for roughly $18.

Totally worth it even with shipping, runs fine in my region 1 PS3 too.

That is a really good price, I picked it up last year from them for $25.

Right? I got the same set for around $25 as well. Worth every penny.

Their current price for the Alien Anthology Bluray boxed set (region free) is something like 18 pounds, which is pretty ridiculously cheap. (List price in America started at $130 and Amazon US is still charging $67.) Regular and extended cut versions of all four films, several commentary tracks, and something like 65 hours of special features.

Have you seen the EE’s ? They’re all to green for my taste.

Too green? Like there was a transfer problem?

I have them on my Christmas list, of things I am not allowed to buy.

So I was hoping to get them as a gift.

I didn’t see too much green at all.

Target and Best Buy are both currently offering every Harry Potter movie (except 7b) on DVD for $5…$9.99 for Blu-ray.

We don’t have a TV deals thread, so I’ll just thread crap this here. :p

Boston Legal Seasons 1-5 on DVD for $67.49 @ Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027CSMY0

What is EE’s?

Extended Editions. And for the record I saw no green and thought the problem is way overblown.