The Bargain thread for movies

What was that meant to demonstrate, other than you like to break H-scroll?

I think he’s trying to show how green the LoTR: EE’s are. Funny thing is my EE’s don’t look that green at all, so I’m guessing some copies got afflicted with that issue.

Inkai - Out of curiosity, have you watched them on a TV or just looked at images on a monitor? The EE’s have no green tint that I’ve been able to discern in my many hours of viewing.

Same here, they look freaking incredible.

I’ve been holding off in replacing my original Blurays of it because I’ve seen reports and screens about the images and the green especially.

I mostly base my purchases www.blu-ray.com reviews (not all though) and it was mentioned there, so I started looking into it.
I have seen it in play for real but it was only one scene as a demo for some TV.
It was noticeable but maybe I’m blowing it out of proportion.

I think you are. ;)

And I too, love, love blu-ray.com. :)

Hehe, getting tempted though. :)
Maybe I should rent them first or just roll with it ?

Dude, totally. See for yourself. Borrow a friends’ copy, maybe. I can personally say that they look AMAZING, especially the 2nd and 3rd movies.

Yeah, the problem is that no friends of mine have the EE editions but I’ll check the store later to see in they have it in stock to rent.

That those are all too green.

Allright, I watched the Fellowship EE version and I have to say, the green was very lightly compared to what I’ve read and heard.
Allthough slightly noticeable on some scenes it didn’t pose to much of a problem.

Guess I’ll have to buy this then grmbl :-)

Hahaha yayaaaaaaay! :)

Currently $50 at Amazon. A price that finally prompted me to upgrade from my DVDs.

Oh yeah, it’s a steal at that price, considering the hours and hours of bonuses.

Yeah but I don’t have a creditcard so I can’t order it.
Only paypal for me.

I paid 18 € for the regular versions and the cheapest I’m finding is 57 € for the EE’s.
I think I’m going to wait until later december, maybe it’ll drop off in price a bit and if not, I’ll cave in.

Attention shoppers, the annual 50%-off sale on Criterion discs at Barnes & Noble is on again, now and through July 30th.

Damn them, this sale always makes me weak.

B$N’s horrible search feature is the only thing that keeps me from buying more than 3 or 4 movies.

I guess this is the link:

godspeed as you try to find what you want in the 700+ movies on sale…

I’ve been coveting that “Late Ozu” box set and $35 is a fucking steal. Also grabbing the Bergman box sets, and “Kiss Me Deadly” for $15.

I wonder if arthouse movie buffs worry about the yearly half-off Criterion sale training movie buyers to wait for the sale? It’s devaluing film!

I think I’ll pick up Bottle Rocket on Blu-ray, at least.