The Bargain Thread

EA store is knocking 20% off most titles, excluding new games (darn!), until Nov. 7. Tiger Woods 10 Golf for Wii is $40, for example. Shipping is either free or $7, so YMMV.

They are also having a one-day sale on Sims 3, $30.

It looks like this applies to their PC downloadable games too. Cool!

Has anyone else who did the Amazon sale of buy $80 and get a $40 code actually gotten their code?

They said they’d send an email, the games are arriving today, and so far no email.

The offer said there would be a 7 day delay between shipping and the code showing up.

Thanks Les. I was having an unreasonable fear that one of the games I picked wasn’t on the list.

Yesterday I bought Metal of Honor Airborne from the EA store because of the sale. It was on sale for like $7. I’ve bought a few download only games before on the EA store and they just show up in my download manager right away. Not this game. It is acting like I never bought it. The purchase shows up in my order history but when I click on it I just get a big error message. :\

Amazon DotD is Champions Online for $30.

After this weekend they could pay me $30 and I wouldn’t take Champions if I was required to actually install it.

Yeah, strange tactic. I would’ve recommended a more aggressive price after such a fumbled demonstration.

Yeah, I basically worry about Champions Online. The price drops and server pop seeming low aren’t good. It’s had some technical issues and a couple design stumbles, but overall is pretty solid. It’d be unfortunate if they don’t get a chance to expand and polish their initial offering.

Not so great.

Valid for in-stock titles that have been released for over 30 days only.

I got mine on Friday.

Quick correction: that EA 20% off sale ends Nov 7, not Dec 7. And, yeah, the “valid only for games released over 30 days ago” does suck.

FEAR 2 has dropped to $20 on PC and consoles at Amazon and Best Buy. Also, Best Buy has Rock Band 2 (game only) for $20.

Wow: $200 Xbox 360 Arcade w/ $100 gift card at Walmart this Saturday. That is a pretty incredible deal. I’m tempted to get a 3rd 360.

WHAT THE?

So, like, a hundred-dollar 360?

What is missing from the Arcade these days? I already have cables, controllers and a hard drive …

Also, what keeps people from buying today and then ‘returning’ on Saturday to rebuy?

I think thats what I want to get for my brother for Christmas…I guess I could give him my 20gb HDD, and then get myself a bigger one with the giftcard? Hmm, possibilities. Thanks guys.

Amazon has Watchmen: The End is Nigh The Complete Experience (PS3) for $20, which includes both parts of the meh game - but more importantly, a Blu-ray of the Director’s Cut of the film for only $2 more than the film by itself costs.