The Batman, with Robert Pattinson as The Batman

Post-Twilight, he’s really proved himself to be a seriously gifted actor. I thought the work he did in The Lost City of Z, Good Time, and The Rover was incredible, so I’m confident he’ll do a terrific job.

Officially, it’s been officially deemed officially official.

I just don’t get the pick … although the pics they grab for stuff like that variety article really don’t help, either. He was okay-ish in The Lost City of Z, I guess.

The votes of confidence from upthread are encouraging because I’ve only seen Twilight and another one called Remember Me and they were awful.

This feels like a major downgrade from Bale and Batfleck but I guess they are catering to millenials with this one. Can’t say that I blame them as they have really lost their way over at DC when it comes to their A list superheroes.

Promising pick, IMO. Pattinson has been in some really good/interesting movies since his Twilight days, and I’m certainly looking forward to checking out Lighthouse.

I have trouble picturing him in the role but not because he’s a bad actor. He’s been stellar in things like The Rover.

Bleh. Couldn’t they get Camren Bicondova?

I’m a fan of Paul Dano, but the rumor until now was they were pursuing both Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen as villains, which makes me think that the script behind this movie must be a hot mess.

Why did I get Robert Pattinson and Patton Oswalt mixed up?

Pattinson and Patton are very similar words.

I mean, have you ever seen them in the same room?

You’re not the only one.

I would watch it.

Batatouille

Who will be next as Batman? Jesse Eisenberg?

Paul Dano, Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz?

Is this a new A24 release?

Finn Wolfhard

Jim Parsons?