The Beginning of the Endgame

The US Army just took posession of Saddam’s main palace in the cente rr Baghdad, as well as the Information ministry and other key strategic and symbolic sites in the city.

Fox News is holding a live press conference with a US Army colonel and they’re standing in front of Saddam’s main palace. His literall front yard.

WOW! We kicked the ass of a country with no air force. I’m bursting with pride.

Well I hope that it’s over soon or the whole middle east is going to be our deadly enemy (except Kuwait).

Hah.

A couple of soldiers just put up a Georgia Bulldog’s flag in front of the Fox camera. Damnit, my alma matter needs to get represented now.

Grrrr… damn good ol’ boys.

Jeez, talk about sureal again.

They’ve got a couple of American Army officers hanging out talking to Fox on the Baghdad Parade Grounds with those gigantic swords that hang over the street like an arch. They just blew up a big statue of Saddam and they’re just jawin’ with the reporter. Then a big explosion happens behind them and lots of machine gun fire nearby, and they just look at it and say “outgoing” and keep on talking.

Planting our flags in Iraqi public places is a sure-fire way to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi public! And showing it on TV goes a long way towards caliming the world’s fears about possible US imperialist motives.

Planting our flags in Iraqi public places is a sure-fire way to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi public! And showing it on TV goes a long way towards caliming the world’s fears about possible US imperialist motives.[/quote]

That the University of Georgia is taking over the world? Hah, they wish.

Come on out Guest and stop trolling…

Planting our flags in Iraqi public places is a sure-fire way to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi public! And showing it on TV goes a long way towards caliming the world’s fears about possible US imperialist motives.[/quote]

Wha? The Bulldogs claim Iraq. That is going too far.

The Iraqis don’t know who “The Bulldogs” are. They see American troops planting a flag that isn’t an Iraqi flag. IPlanting a flag usually represents “in your face, this is my turf,” no? Si.

Comprende?

They DO know what an American flag looks like. That’s got to be the most limp-wristed attempt at a troll I’ve ever seen. Got any more, nancy?

When guys in Half-Life spray their symbol over the dead body of an opponent, it represents “I am fucking awesome. I just kicked your ass.”

Does this represent something else in your opinion? Planting an American sports flag in an Iraqi public place?

You mean aside from the fact that we just rolled 70-ton tanks through their city at will? Hey buddy, we DID kick their asses. A flag is the least thing they have to worry about.

Plus, they’re not planting those flags. They’re just waving 'em for the camera for the folks at home. And to make sure that Baghdad Bob the Information Minister can’t say that those M-1’s are actually Iraqi tanks rolling around the city. But they’re not raising 'em up on poles.

On a more serious note from entertaining this troll, they’ve recovered the body of Chemical Ali.

Dum, dum, dum, another one bites the dust.

Hey buddy, we DID kick their asses. A flag is the least thing they have to worry about.[/quote]

Oh, how interesting! I thought we were there to liberate Iraq, not “kick its ass.” If that’s the attitude you want to broadcast to the Iraqi public, then go for it!

I can’t be held responsible for your poor writing skills. You wrote

Try to be more precise if you wish to communicate anything of meaning.

“put up a flag in front of a camera” is far from running a flag up the pole at the capitol building. It’s not so much his writing skills as your reading comprehension. Unless you’re purposefully reading the comment wrong, which I think is a fairly high probability, and as the alternative just means you’re too fucking stupid to live, it’s your best option. Still, it’s not going to win you any points here. And don’t think your ludicrous reading has anything approaching any real bering on geopolitical and social realities around the world. It’s just you being an ass, all it proves is what an ass you are. Got any more? Perhaps there’s some spelling in this post you’d like to correct?

(spelling edit)

Congrats on finally registering Woolen.

Aren’t you ashamed of flailing about so pathetically in public? The Webster’s dictionary definition of “put up” is “1. To erect; build.” “Putting” something implies placing something somewhere and leaving it there, not holding it in your hands and waving it around, you miseducated turd gobbler.

Yes, but have you looked up “context”? You homework is to look up that word, attempt to understand it, reread the quote in question and report back what your knew knowledge of “context” implies about the use of the phrase “put up” in this case.

I’m certainly not ashamed of anything, but perhaps continuing this dialogue, as it’s quite clear, and I’m sure a concensus of those here would concur, that you are being soundly thrashed in this little exchange. Sorry I preemptively countered your spelling offensive, but it looks like you were bound and determined to use the dictionary you already had opened. Limited definitions of words out of context are the last refuge of the idiot troll. Did you think that was your little secret?

Aren’t you ashamed of flailing about so pathetically in public? The Webster’s dictionary definition of “put up” is “1. To erect; build.” “Putting” something implies placing something somewhere and leaving it there, not holding it in your hands and waving it around, you miseducated turd gobbler.[/quote]

Jesus Fucking Christ, you know your argument is thin when you break out the dictionary to prove that you’re right.

The only reason I’m being argued with is because you disagree with the political statement I was making about raising flags in Iraq.

In order to attempt to disagree with that point you have to warp the English language to suit your agenda.

Pathetic.

The dictionary was only “pulled out” because you refuse to admit the obvious implications of the verb “put.”

“Putting” something does not imply holding it up and showing it to a cameraman, ass.

Wrong, I agree with you - raising american flags in iraq is bad. Putting up (as in waving) a flag in front of the TV camera to show your friends back home you’re a red neck == who fucking cares.

The fact that you were unable to understand the original post (by the fact that you go off on a tangent about planting) and then try to cover it up by suggesting they “planted” the flag of a fucking University somewhere is retarded.